Hitch Sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryno8551

Reaction score
Can someone post a photo of the weight load sticker on the bottom or side of the hitch For a Gen3? I know the rating is 8200lbs but is this taking a weight distribution hitch into consideration? I will be pulling a 22’ + 5’ V inline trailer and hoping this truck is capable.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What makes you think there is a sticker there? WDH or not, the limit is the limit.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone post a photo of the weight load sticker on the bottom or side of the hitch For a Gen3? I know the rating is 8200lbs but is this taking a weight distribution hitch into consideration? I will be pulling a 22’ + 5’ V inline trailer and hoping this truck is capable.
Sorry, @Ryno8551 , I don’t know why people even bother taking the time to give uninformed, smart ass responses…

Anyway, here you go:

Attachments

• 63F9D10A-8B47-4810-8078-8F6F303367A2.jpeg
    63F9D10A-8B47-4810-8078-8F6F303367A2.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 42

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, I’ve been using the Andersen WD hitch on my truck pulling about a 5000# travel trailer with a tongue weight of about 600#. Works great. The truck still squats about 3/4” in the rear, so I might eventually go with some higher initial-rate rear coils when they are available.

Good luck.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, @Ryno8551 , I don’t know why people even bother taking the time to give uninformed, smart ass responses…

Anyway, here you go:
It wasn’t a smartass response. I’ve been under there putting in reverse lights and I never noticed a sticker so thought there was none. I also didn’t understand why OP would think the sticker would list a higher tow limit than what the manual says or as advertised. I’ve also done some research on WDH and I’ve never read they can safely increase the weight a truck is rated to tow.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t a smartass response. I’ve been under there putting in reverse lights and I never noticed a sticker so thought there was none. I also didn’t understand why OP would think the sticker would list a higher tow limit than what the manual says or as advertised. I’ve also done some research on WDH and I’ve never read they can safely increase the weight a truck is rated to tow.
All good. I read OP’s question as more specifically regarding the hitch, not the overall tow rating.

And you’re obviously right about not increasing the tow rating with a WD hitch. They can allow you to pull a heavier trailer by reducing tongue weight and thereby helping to keep payload within the trucks limits. That’s usually the 1st limit to hit, not trailer weight per se.