Hit and run diminished value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently was hit and ran in my Ford raptor. Someone clipped the corner, it looks like the grille is dislodged from the bumper area, the bumper is pushed in, the fender is pushed into the door, the corner of the hood is pushed in and cracked and the headlight is cracked.

My biggest fear came to light. An expensive vehicle, and a crazy claim. I have no idea what this is going to cost, but it’ll probably be gnarly.

I was planning on trading in the truck soon and saving money on taxes towards the new vehicle to balance out negative equity.

do you think I’ll lose a lot of value?

adventure

Reaction score
I hate to bring bad news, but from what you described I'd expect 10k+. I had some of what you described minus the hood and fender and it added up to North of $7500 in a hurry. The headlight alone is $1600.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, that sucks big time. Didn't you just get your truck a few weeks ago?!

yep, it’s been a ride. Almost got stolen, I’ve been having a ton of fun with it. And today it got clipped overnight in the corner.

I’m done with this truck. I just don’t know how much value I’m losing. It’s a 2019

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think I’ll lose value wise. I’m losing my mind, I’m beyond sad.

I got my dream truck and it’s been a nightmare, I dreamed of owning this truck for many many years.... and now all this bs. There’s no way I’m keeping it, it’s getting traded in but I’m so concerned on dimished value.

I owe 86500$ Canadian

truck is worth approx 81000$ Canadian according to ford. Reason I owe more than purchase is because of taxes and I’ve only had it since October.

D

Deleted member 17706

We get caught up in doing mods on our Raptors: rims, tires, bumpers, springs, and so on. But having a dash cam ought to be the very first that is done before anything else.

sorry this happened to you. It is nearly impossible to be upside on a Raptor unless you finance the entire purchase. It’s hard to say how much value the accident is going to cause you to lose.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the resale value being high, I would try to sell it stateside and recoup a bunch of cash with the exchange rate.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the resale value being high, I would try to sell it stateside and recoup a bunch of cash with the exchange rate.

Yeah dealers south only value it at 76000, a dealer offered me 79000 locally to advertise it at 83.

based on those numbers, I don’t know how bad the valuation will be.

I certainly hope it’s not any more than 5k , I’m trading in for a Gen 1