Hit a deer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On way home from golf and hit a deer. So frustrating. The 2020 SCREW only has 4500 moles on it. Uggh
That sucks, was there a lot of damage? A deer hit me about a month ago, but I was in my Wrangler, luckily it hit the rear tire and back bumper and bounced off. Just left a mound of hair and some scuff marks. Got lucky.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Ugh, that sucks! A few years ago I had a deer try to jump the bed of my old truck. He bounced off the truck, got back up, and ran off. I had a $1,400 bill!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raises a question. I had a 2000 Tundra with a good size bumper with bull bar with extension over the lights. Hit about a deer every 3-4 years (NW Montana....). That $1000 saved me many thousands in repairs. Finally rusted out and literally fell off so the last deer I hit cost 4 grand to fix.

When I looked into similar products for the Raptor, nothing looked very good. All those big expensive bumpers (ADD and the like) just would not give the protection needed so I decided to keep it stock and rely on insurance. Bound to happen cuz of where I drive for fly fishing. Anyone know of any bolt on’s that actually look OK on a Raptor?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I looked into similar products for the Raptor, nothing looked very good. All those big expensive bumpers (ADD and the like) just would not give the protection needed so I decided to keep it stock and rely on insurance. Bound to happen cuz of where I drive for fly fishing. Anyone know of any bolt on’s that actually look OK on a Raptor?

I have a TON of deer in and around my neighborhood as well. Whats worse is they don't feel compelled to get the hell out of the way, or worse will walk out in front of you WHILE looking right at you (everyone feeds them). I really need a full front bumper but have not seen ANY that offer protection from impacts. They appear to all be minimalist show pieces. On the flipside, I don't want a bubba bumper with a BBQ pit hangin off it either!

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the flipside, I don't want a bubba bumper with a BBQ pit hangin off it either!
why not? doesnt that solve all the problems? deer runs in front of you, bumper protects your truck and cooks at the same time. deer can go right into the cooker and be done by the time you get home. and you dont even have to get out of your truck