hill decent and big tranny clunk!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ive owned my raptor since 2 yrs ago.. its s super cab 2010, pretty much bolt ons nothing big... but im really starting to get crazy about 2 things in particular.. i really need your help about it.

1. Trannys big clunk... when its park in my drive way... every time it goes from park to reverse there a is "big clunk" coming from the tranny, ive take it to the local ford but they never find anything wrong with it. Is this normal?!?!

2. The hill decent fault message together with the check brakes and abs light on the cluster. They already replace the 3rd brake light .. witch it had moisture on it and it went away for a couple of weeks but now every time that i drive on a road up hill or down hill, it lights back up again... problem is the never find anything wrong in this dealer :mad: what do u guys say?! :/

Thanks for the help :)

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ive owned my raptor since 2 yrs ago.. its s super cab 2010, pretty much bolt ons nothing big... but im really starting to get crazy about 2 things in particular.. i really need your help about it.

1. Trannys big clunk... when its park in my drive way... every time it goes from park to reverse there a is "big clunk" coming from the tranny, ive take it to the local ford but they never find anything wrong with it. Is this normal?!?!

2. The hill decent fault message together with the check brakes and abs light on the cluster. They already replace the 3rd brake light .. witch it had moisture on it and it went away for a couple of weeks but now every time that i drive on a road up hill or down hill, it lights back up again... problem is the never find anything wrong in this dealer :mad: what do u guys say?! :/

Thanks for the help :)

when you park in your driveway try setting the parking brake before you put it in park. this will keep the transmission from getting in a bind when you put it in park.

as for the hill decent control fault it could be a wheel speed sensor that has a short in it.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would also check the abs lines. I sliced one of mine on a run and cause similar symptoms to what you're describing.

OP
OP
svtchris1021

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ill check the speed sensor and the lines too, ill try that brake before park today :) thanks

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Thanks guys ill check the speed sensor and the lines too, ill try that brake before park today :) thanks

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you or the dealer unhook the ground to the battery for about 30 minutes and see if it resets the computer? Worth a shot...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck...

I had a similar problem on mine. I am trying to recall what the tech did....I think he reset the BCM (braking control module) and loaded an update, but that seemed to clear it up. I know he had his laptop hooked up to the truck and was in contact with Ford.

He did not mess with the PCM at all...

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know ford had a service bulletin out for the rear end clunking not sure if that apples but have the dealer look into it! I Haden's looked at and they replaced a few things including the drive shaft it's worth looking into

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there have been posts about the bulletin too. from what I recall many dealers just lubed up the u joints or something and that seemed to fix it. And I do remember that story, Pat, about one guy that did end up getting a new driveshaft too.