Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Highest recommendation

Discussion in 'Rigid Industries LED Lighting' started by Lucky14, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Lucky14

Lucky14 Full Access Member

I have the 2 duallys next to the plate. But I have to confess that I like the damn lights so much that if I had to do it again, I would have paid the extra $$ for the kit from Rigid that has more lights on both sides. As it is, I think I'm gonna get the 40" behind the grill for that extra kick...:)

Attached Files:

2. whtrapta

whtrapta Ostrich Wrangler

would the new D2 fit next to the plate? or is it too big?

3. Lucky14

There is approximately 3/4" on all sides of my current installation. I've not seen the D2s but if they are within 1 1/2" taller/wider, then they may fit like a glove.

4. whtrapta

whtrapta Ostrich Wrangler

I think that just may look perfect for those of us who are required to have the front plate

5. Lucky14

BTW, they do offer a completely done bolt-on kit for the Raptor with a front plate. It's really slick. It's a bit higher priced because it is MUCH brighter than the Duallys. I did not go down that path because I wanted something I could argue as "driving lights". But if the D2s are a bit more expensive, I would consider getting the kit instead...

6. pirate air

pirate air will plunder your booty Supporting Member

This is what I want to do but with D2's instead of the regular duallys. I want something a little more for the highway that I can relay to turn on with my high beams.

From what I understand, the D2's and Duallys are the exact same physical size.

Desert LED is selling the D2's for 379.99 a pair. Rigid Industries D2 Lights | Off Road LED Light Bars | Jeep Truck LED Light Bars | Desertled.com

I'm hoping ADD can offer them for a similar price.....

7. pirate air

pirate air will plunder your booty Supporting Member

By the looks of it, two D2's are brighter then the license plate set up Rigid sells. The plate set up uses two 4" E series that produce 1440 Lumens @ 15.6 watts (each) vs the D2's that produce 2600 Lumens @ 28 watts (each). The plate system also partially blocks the fourth row of LED's on the lights because they don't fit 100%. Seems to me D2's are the better way to go.