High speed slamming into lower gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

La Mordida

Reaction score
Same issue for my 2019 SCREW. Cruise control at highway speed then accelerate to pass, bang!

It's very intermittent and the dealer hasn't been able to replicate, but it is such a violent slam, that I now accelerate gingerly if I'm already in cruise.

Raptor_Pilot

Reaction score
I have a March 2019 build that suffers from the same issue. It's tough to duplicate but it typically happens at highway speed on the down shift to 6th gear. It's typically when I apply an abrupt sizable input of throttle i.e. passing traffic and feels like the transmission is going to come apart and usually the traction light illuminates momentarily as well. Definitely tough on the driveline, dealer can't duplicate and without any codes they're just writing it off as an anomaly. Frustrating to say the least. A day will come when something shears and causes serious damage, hopefully while the truck is still under warranty.

OP
OP
Flash1034

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I’m not the only one. I too haven’t taken it to the dealership because I don’t want them to romp on my truck. I wish Ford would look at this issue and come up with a fix.

John Butler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is stupid but how do you find your build date. Some numbers show me that my truck shows a build on Sunday and I doubt it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I guess I’m not the only one. I too haven’t taken it to the dealership because I don’t want them to romp on my truck. I wish Ford would look at this issue and come up with a fix.

I'd bet money that it's a software bug. It pops up randomly with random people, comes and goes, etc. It's probably some combination of operating condition and learning. I wish they'd get rid of that damned learning. Most of the time I drive like Grandma, but when I want it to go, I don't want my truck to take two or three seconds to decide that I'm serious. What a stupid feature.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is stupid but how do you find your build date. Some numbers show me that my truck shows a build on Sunday and I doubt it.

Open your driver's door and on the right jam are two stickers. The top (white) sticker has the month and year in the middle of the top line. That is your build month.

You can find your exact build date on the window sticker below the TOTAL MSRP. There are several numbers and letters, but the last six numbers are your build date. Mine is 06 04 19 (Tuesday).

Last edited:

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Open your driver's door and on the right jam are two stickers. The top (white) sticker has the month and year in the middle of the top line. That is your build month.

You can find your exact build date on the window sticker below the TOTAL MSRP. There are several numbers and letters, but the last six numbers are your build date. Mine is 06 04 19 (Tuesday).

From Google

"The date @ the top of a window sticker, ( only visible on the website copy ) ( blend ) is the date that the vehicle was produced. The date @ the bottom of the window sticker, below MSRP, ( & found on both copies ), is the " sent to plant " date. So: For my 2014, the " sent to plant date " is Aug."

The blend date is at the top of the MSRP sticker.

Last edited: