High Beam Wire Color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which headlights do you have? the adaptive headlights do not have a hi beam trigger like the gen2. Theres actually a control module inside the headlights themselves that trigger the hi beams to turn on.

OP
OP
Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Reaction score
which headlights do you have? the adaptive headlights do not have a hi beam trigger like the gen2. Theres actually a control module inside the headlights themselves that trigger the hi beams to turn on.

Thanks for the reply! That's also what I've learned through endless reading of old posts; it looks like this started in 20' on the gen 2. Wondering if there's another area to get a source of hi-beam...

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! That's also what I've learned through endless reading of old posts; it looks like this started in 20' on the gen 2. Wondering if there's another area to get a source of hi-beam...

I recently worked with @Kmandoske / LVJ motorsport on the hi-beam relay for gen3. The workaround is using the fog light wire in the passenger footwell. When the hi-beams are on, the fog lights turn off. So he had to redesign his unit, when the fog lights turn off, his hi-beam relay will turn on.

But I had to forscan some things in order for it to work the way i wanted. Problem is, during daytime driving, the fogs are usually off, and that would turn on my hi-beam relay. So it can be done, but definitely not as easy as the gen2's.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, I’m getting ready to install my lights from my g2 into the g3 and really enjoyed the auto high beam relay.