Here it is!!! The new 2013 F-150 release!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching the video makes me even happier with my ducati headlights, way better looking!

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ducati lights and the new alpine 8" head unit with sync support. And I am good to go, unless they reveal a new 600 HP motor option in the Raptor.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I wouldn't make a call on the headlights until you see the darkened FX/HD/Raptor version.

Has anyone used the 2013 MyFordTouch system? The 2012 version (which is upgradeable) is utter garbage. You can see that the developers didn't have a clue what they were doing by using it for five minutes (e.g. animations which seriously degrade the usability). The video of the 2013 version appears to have that problem well corrected, but was curious if that's actually the case in person.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The video of the 2013 version appears to have that problem well corrected, but was curious if that's actually the case in person.

'Eh... I wouldn't necessarily call it "corrected" but I would call it a better attempt at being repaired.

Kinda like if you see a fat person in the gym, they're not immediately in shape, you know what I mean?

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'Eh... I wouldn't necessarily call it "corrected" but I would call it a better attempt at being repaired.

Kinda like if you see a fat person in the gym, they're not immediately in shape, you know what I mean?

Hey! I resemble that remark! Trying to cleave off 100lbs as we speak...Dear God, it's hard work!

Anyway, I honestly think the 2013 interface is improved over what I've got in my 2011. Not willing to trade up though...I've got the accent orange interior and I'm rather partial to it. However, I am very interested in seeing what happens with the headlights on the 2013 Raptor because I'd like to see if a retrofit to the 2011 is possible. Either way, Ducati's excellent work is on my radar and may be my next upgrade.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The '13 looks good, but it's starting to take on a ton of styling cues from the super duty. I liked the way the f150 has always stood its own ground and not mimicked it's big brother. And like most, Ducati's lights look way better!

RottenKid

Reaction score
Glad I got my 2012. not a fan of the lights or center stack but these aren't Raptors so I'll reserve judgement of changes until I see the feature changes on the new beast.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '13 looks good, but it's starting to take on a ton of styling cues from the super duty. I liked the way the f150 has always stood its own ground and not mimicked it's big brother. And like most, Ducati's lights look way better!

I agree. Plus I hate the look of the super duties. The grills are terrible. I've seen dozens of mid 2000's models and up where that chrome is bubbling up and the emblem is all faded. Pretty bad quality control on ford's part. The f150's are getting way to boxy for my taste. Tame. It's like driving a rectangle. You'd think with runaway success the raptor's had they would maybe take some styling cues from it, like the grill and aggressive lines.

And this has pretty much sealed ducati's lights in for me. Kinda disappointed in how ford's turned out.