GEN 2 Help with Spring and Leaf Selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 SCREW. Right now I am carrying 310lbs in the bed all the time. As it sits the truck is sitting at 40.5” at the rear and 40” at the front (ground to fender). I plan on occasionally loading my motorcycle and some luggage for cross country trips weighing an additional 600-700lbs. Goal is to maintain the nice street ride and eliminate the wheel hop and the side to side movement off road.

What do I need for leaves in the rear and front. SD or HD Deavers? +2 or +3? I’m assuming Eibachs up front? Not opposed to running a little higher if need be. SVC bumps with the Fox 2.0 the way to go for bump stops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't listen to anyone on here about suspension. You should call Deaver or Icon directly and describe your needs. I also carry 200+ pounds of gear all the time and also tow an overland trailer with a 3500lb max so about 500lb tongue weight. I went with a custom Deaver pack that consists of a re arch and additional leafs. I also installed the stage 2 RPG frame reinforce and fox 2.0 bumps. Just got back from a 2k mile trip with the trailer and it rides perfectly but your setup may be completely different depending on your needs. My requirements was to have a Raptor experience and still be able to tow an overland trailer to base camp with any squat. I didn't do anything to the front nor should you according to the experts at Deaver. If you put Eibachs in front you'll have to lift the rear even more to prevent squat. Most people on here are clueless about suspension and you would do yourself a HUGE favor by contacting the experts at Deaver or Icon directly and describe your needs. Eibach in front and Deaver +3 or 4 in rear makes sense for some people but for you?

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not wanting to start anything but -Don’t listen to anyone on here? This is the first place I came even before i owned a raptor in 2016 when i ordered my first Gen2. Thats a broad blanket statement, there is a lot of experience on here. I am on my 3rd Gen 2 now. Combined they have over 130k miles on various
+3/4 Deavers/eibach/RPG frame brace w/ 2.0 bumps on all three trucks, towing carrying loads of all sorts you name it. One trucks life ended sooner than expected it was crushed by a tree, sad day.
This is a forum where people with various setups can talk about what they have used and what works and what does not, in real life- with lots of real miles. That’s why we are here. But yes the guys at Deaver can help for sure.

OP
OP
dixonk

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Don't listen to anyone on here about suspension. You should call Deaver or Icon directly and describe your needs. I also carry 200+ pounds of gear all the time and also tow an overland trailer with a 3500lb max so about 500lb tongue weight. I went with a custom Deaver pack that consists of a re arch and additional leafs. I also installed the stage 2 RPG frame reinforce and fox 2.0 bumps. Just got back from a 2k mile trip with the trailer and it rides perfectly but your setup may be completely different depending on your needs. My requirements was to have a Raptor experience and still be able to tow an overland trailer to base camp with any squat. I didn't do anything to the front nor should you according to the experts at Deaver. If you put Eibachs in front you'll have to lift the rear even more to prevent squat. Most people on here are clueless about suspension and you would do yourself a HUGE favor by contacting the experts at Deaver or Icon directly and describe your needs. Eibach in front and Deaver +3 or 4 in rear makes sense for some people but for you?

I took into account peoples personal experience and combined that knowledge with what I was seeking to do. I approached a trusted vendor, Nick@ApolloOptics and he pretty much confirmed what the forum has advised. Deaver +4HD with Eibachs up front which will get me the lift I am needing to avoid rubbing with my new wheels, getting the truck back up to slightly higher than stock, and being able to comfortably carry my standard load as well as occasionally hauling my motorcycle. SVC bump stop package was chosen over the RPG because I like the install and location better than the RPG kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not wanting to start anything but -Don’t listen to anyone on here? This is the first place I came even before i owned a raptor in 2016 when i ordered my first Gen2. Thats a broad blanket statement, there is a lot of experience on here. I am on my 3rd Gen 2 now. Combined they have over 130k miles on various
+3/4 Deavers/eibach/RPG frame brace w/ 2.0 bumps on all three trucks, towing carrying loads of all sorts you name it. One trucks life ended sooner than expected it was crushed by a tree, sad day.
This is a forum where people with various setups can talk about what they have used and what works and what does not, in real life- with lots of real miles. That’s why we are here. But yes the guys at Deaver can help for sure.

I agree someone has the answer but there is no way to discern for sure. as many opinions as there are options and ultimately the advice on here for suspension is good for brand but not for configuration. Only a suspension expert can help set it up correctly and if you notice...everyone talks like they are an expert....LOL. Suspension is one of the most important things to get right and I don't know about you but taking advice from hobbyists or worse doesn't flip my particular switch. For something as important as suspension only a suspension expert will be able to give reliable advice. If I had listened to the people on here I'd have Eibachs. I'd still have squat. The truck would have rode terribly when not loaded and it would have cost more than it needed too.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI I’m looking at Deavers for my 2020 wanting to keep front stock (travel). Just want to get rid of/reduce the wrap/lateral skipping out back but on occasion (rare) pull my boat. Best advise I’ve seen in this thread is to call Deaver. At the same time, everyone’s personal experiences should be appreciated, but should not necessarily override Deavers recommendations and I’d think that was the intent above. As in don’t take someone’s subjective opinion over years (decades) of experience. Feel at the seat of your pants is not more accurate than your experienced tuner and proper dyno (competent operator) would be a good analogy.