Help with SCT X4!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang... how big of a hassle was that? I'm really hoping mine is just a battery issue. Did you have the same symptoms, get to like 99% then throw the code and not allow you to return to stock? (even though I was already trying to return to stock when it happened)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yep. That's exactly what my one truck did. SCT has you load TeamViewer on your pc and they basically do the rest. They will grab the file off the x4, make the changes and even reload it back to the device for you. Even if someone is computer illiterate it couldn't be any simpler.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep. That's exactly what my one truck did. SCT has you load TeamViewer on your pc and they basically do the rest. They will grab the file off the x4, make the changes and even reload it back to the device for you. Even if someone is computer illiterate it couldn't be any simpler.

Well that would be easy enough if I had a pc.. Damn macbooks, I can't even load the sct program on it. Well I'll start with the cheaper battery charger and if that doesn't work, a borrowed pc and call to sct! Thanks for the insight @Badass69

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again yep... good old Mac... useless for anything useful. Lol.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well finally got the problem solved. Spent many hours on hold with SCT over 2 days, but damn those guys can do anything. Turns out my stock file was corrupted. Took them 2 days to rebuild the file but tuned first try on the truck. I'll be taking a break from tuners for a while

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not going to post cause I am seven dimensions of pissed off right now but now that I have said that read this post with that in mind.

I purchased my x4 on 9/8/15 and when i got it a few days later threw the 11060 code. I went through the process like everyone else and ultimately sent my tuner back per SCT's request to be "repaired". It is now back in my hot little hands and what the **** does it do first thing?????? Throws the same ******* code. So tomorrow its back to the phone with SCT so we can repeat this ******* nonsense again. At this point I just want my truck back to stock so I can buy a tuner that WILL work.

I need to call the guys I bought it from and see what they can do, I will not mention them cause this is not their issue, this is a cheap ************* tuner issue.

Does anyone know if I can have Ford just reflash my truck and rid myself of the residual partial tune. That way I can start over with a hopefully better product.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure you have everything off?
No Radio, disable the alarm, no auto lights, no heated seats.
Do not open doors, ect............

Anything below 12.2 volts and issues will start.

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you have everything off?
No Radio, disable the alarm, no auto lights, no heated seats.
Do not open doors, ect............

Anything below 12.2 volts and issues will start.

checked all that except the battery tender, I am going to try that one this weekend if I can get the tuner unlocked,

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The SCT device is the best your going to get.

Having said that, sometimes glitches happen.

Have you allowed SCT to remote connect to your PC yet.

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SCT device is the best your going to get.

Having said that, sometimes glitches happen.

Have you allowed SCT to remote connect to your PC yet.

Yes on three occasions, with three different techs we have done the remote dance. After the third time they issued an RMA (return Manuf. Authoriz) I sent it back to be fixed. I got it back yesterday and "still having the same issue" I am going to try the battery tender load this weekend and see if I can get it to load. I have to believe that SCT "fixed" something. They have been really responsive every time I call and have spent large amounts of time trying to get it right so no issues what so ever with the SCT customer service, I just happen to have a VERY stubborn truck.
yay me.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
11.9 is low, you will probably have trouble when winter comes.

Raptors love to eat batteries it seems, my original OEM Ford battery didn't even last 5 months. I'm on my third one since Nov. 2010