Help with SCT X4!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyseguy

Reaction score
I did the firmware update before attaching to my truck and the SCT tech did it again remotely when it was hooked up to my PC just to make sure it was the newest version.

I'm about to leave work and go home to try the battery charger. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear you, try my suggestion to remove the custom Tune and reloading it on to the X4, so it can configure the Tune.

Last edited:

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend calling SCT and having them take over your laptop (teamview)
i had similar problems and the guys were really helpful
call this number 0014077742447 extention 2245
guys name is Mr. Taylor Flute, I believe.
I'm sure he will sort you out just fine.

Before calling, update your device firmware and try a different tune. your .cef file might be corrupt.

Nyseguy

Reaction score
I finally got it working. Hooked up the battery tender and the tune loaded perfect on the first try. I might look to upgrade my battery down the line. For now I'll just keep a cheap battery tender in the glove box just in case.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I saw this thread.

I bought a SCT X4 about a month ago and my tune downloaded perfectly. A few days ago I tried making some adjustments to he global spark and tire revs. Would get to 99% and error, tried going to stock tune and error. Called SVC, and they told me that SCT was having errors with their tuners and to call them.

Tried calling SCT and I was on hold forever and heard I was 41st on the queue and said **** that and hung up. Was gonna call them again in the morning but now I'm thinking I just need to charge the battery a bit.

Fingers crossed.

Nyseguy

Reaction score
FWIW- You can check your voltage on the SCT device under device info if you scroll all the way down. The SCT tech told me it needed to read 12.1 or 12.2 minimum. I believe mine was at 12.5 or something close. I decided to try the battery tender anyway and it worked perfect.

Also, if you need to get a hold of SCT try calling in the morning between 9 and 10 EST. Don't even bother anytime after lunch. If you're still having trouble, one of the techs sent me an email and you could try to get a hold of him that way. Let me know if you need it.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW- You can check your voltage on the SCT device under device info if you scroll all the way down. The SCT tech told me it needed to read 12.1 or 12.2 minimum. I believe mine was at 12.5 or something close. I decided to try the battery tender anyway and it worked perfect.

Also, if you need to get a hold of SCT try calling in the morning between 9 and 10 EST. Don't even bother anytime after lunch. If you're still having trouble, one of the techs sent me an email and you could try to get a hold of him that way. Let me know if you need it.

Awesome, and thank you. I will try this here in about an hour. I'm having hope it'll work for me too.

It worked!!! Glad I saw this thread, thx for the info!!!

Last edited:

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow thank god I'm part of this forum. I just had this exact same problem last week. So it appears that battery voltage is the issue for everybody with the general error code 11060? I guess I'll give that a shot... when I get home is 2.5 weeks :( I really hope that's what it turns out to be... pretty sure my truck is still stuck in economy mode -_-

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thank god I'm part of this forum. I just had this exact same problem last week. So it appears that battery voltage is the issue for everybody with the general error code 11060? I guess I'll give that a shot... when I get home is 2.5 weeks :( I really hope that's what it turns out to be... pretty sure my truck is still stuck in economy mode -_-

Nope sure wasn't. Sct had to make changes to my stock file before I could reload it when it tossed that 11060 code. Battery voltage had zero to do with mine but was a nice thought.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope sure wasn't. Sct had to make changes to my stock file before I could reload it when it tossed that 11060 code. Battery voltage had zero to do with mine but was a nice thought.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Dang... how big of a hassle was that? I'm really hoping mine is just a battery issue. Did you have the same symptoms, get to like 99% then throw the code and not allow you to return to stock? (even though I was already trying to return to stock when it happened)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk