Help with lighting setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some help figuring out the best setup for me. I live in AZ and do all desert running. Lots of dust, so some ambers are a must.

I originally was going to go with a light rack, but have decided against any sort of rack or roof mount. Would prefer a less obvious mounting arrangement.
No mounting behind grille.

My current #1 option:
4 whelen micro pioneers in the lower front bumper - the 2 outer ones amber, 2 inner ones white flood. Each light is 3800 lumens so the middle 2 should be equivalent to a 20" light bar when on together, right?

Along with 2 amber micro pioneers flush mounted in the rear bumper diffused

Thoughts on the above lighting setup?

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You want the brightest?? Call me.. We can get you set up with a killer setup from Baja Designs. 4 Squadrons at 4300 lumens each, amber and white, driving pattern, spot, flood, or a wide-driving available. Call me today or tomorrow we have 10% off sale going until Sunday! You will NOT beat the light output of this kit

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like your original idea that you proposed. Of all the lights on my truck the Whelens are the brightest. They definitely exceed their rated lumens or the others really stretch theirs. I believe both are true. Plus the Whelen are made in America. I can't help you with first hand desert knowledge but I can tell you lights up higher are great for distance. I know you don't want that now but if you want more distance later the lights higher are very benificial.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Txfight00

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like that the Whelens are made here. Leaning towards the Whelen setup. Could always add a light bar later but I think the above setup would be a lot of light for a small footprint