Help wiring up 20” Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Hey guys, did quite a bit of research but am still a bit unclear on this. I’d like to knock it out myself. No shops near by or I’d take it somewhere.

I have a 20” RC LB that I just put in my ADD Pro bumper.

The RC harness has a Hot, a ground, a relay, and 3 wires that go to the switch (lights on, off, and Amber backlight).

Obvs I want to discard the switch and hook it up to my upfitters. And tie the amber backlight to my factory ambers.

So, since the upfitters are hot and relayed iinm, how to I go about this?

I’ve seen one video where they cut off the RC relay and the switch and just put the hot to the upfitter and then ground to ground but it didn’t show what to do with the 3 wires. I know I need to run the backlight wire inside the cab I think I have that on figured out.

if anybody has done this lmk. Can’t be too hard to do just need to know where the wires go. If I’m not mistaken if I didn’t have a backlight I could just cut off the switch and the relay and go hot to upfitter and ground to ground correct? But I have the switch and the backlight involved. Thanks in advance

49627-BB9-2019-4-AE2-B585-E3949-E58-D047.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cut the wiring off before the relay from the light bar. Positive wire to upfitter. Negative wire you'll add a ring terminal and ground to the passenger's front fender where there are two other OEM ground points. If it's got a backlight, you can tap that to running lights or to another AUX switch.

Be cognizant of the amp draw of that bar and which AUX you connect it to.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Cut the wiring off before the relay from the light bar. Positive wire to upfitter. Negative wire you'll add a ring terminal and ground to the passenger's front fender where there are two other OEM ground points. If it's got a backlight, you can tap that to running lights or to another AUX switch.

Be cognizant of the amp draw of that bar and which AUX you connect it to.

Awesome thank you Nick! Yes I’m using my number 1 aux. May contact you if I get lost lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter