Help! Water leak problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not rear brake light or rear window apparently. Have not used a sky light window in long time and never had problem with it, however I see your pony re: drainage from there. I made appt at dealer ….. since I have had so many problems with this truck since day one , I did buy extended warranty assuming more of the same so expect this to be covered and especially since it was supposedly repaired initially. I have wanted to love this truck and do which is why I have put up with all the problems to date hoping that as each is rapiers there won’t be any new ones but such has not been the case. Am really tempted to sell once this is fixed since I could prob get close to what I paid minus my add ons
Roof opening panels use a wet seal; when it rains, water bypasses the seal and enters the drains. The drain tubes channel water down through the A and C pillars to the ground. When the drains get plugged up with environmental debris, the water sits in the channels and sloshes around. It can also overflow if there is enough in there.

The channels just need to be cleared to resolve the issue, it’s not a defect.

OP
OP
D

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
How do you clear the channels? Are they roof channels or under carriage channels. I am not tech savvy. It always seems to be on right side for some reason. Last time they said it was that rear bent that some one esle also mentioned. I am wondering if that opened. Again allowing this to happen. However to your point there has been a ton of pollen and pine needle debris lately where I have to park the truck. I took it through a car wash yesterday to remove mich of that surface debris. There did not seem to be any accumulation of water following the car wash however after severe thunder showers last night, sloshing became evident this am. Unfortunately we have had even more thunder showers today as well

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
The drains are in the pinch welds under the truck. Hose comes down from the sunroof tray to the drains.

I am at work away from my truck so I can not provide you with pictures. Maybe @FordTechOne can snap a few for you.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The drains are in the pinch welds under the truck. Hose comes down from the sunroof tray to the drains.

I am at work away from my truck so I can not provide you with pictures. Maybe @FordTechOne can snap a few for you.
I don’t have the ROP on my truck, if you could provide some pics of yours when you have a chance that would be great.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 18'. mine was leaking from front and back. front was the condenser line not going thru the firewall enough. then they had fixed the vent on the back of the cab behind where the jack is. water was coming. they replaced it. they said the clips were broke and it wasn't seated properly. they had to replace all the carpet. I think you said that leak in the back was fixed on yours. if so maybe it could be the condenser line up front on firewall (passenger side)

John Harshaw

Reaction score
I would check the doors. They have drain holes as well that get clogged. My buddy has a Lariat that has the same sloshing sound after heavy rains and he has to clear the debris in the door.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you used your AC? My wife's Edge had a condensenation drain tube that fell off the unit under the dash that completely soaked her floors. I found it and simply reconnected the tube. Sometimes its the simplest things

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Well, now completely frustrated. I have a loaded 2018 that has been nothing but problems since inception. Now I have a recurrent problem with excessive water under floor boards. I had this once before and they attributed it to entrance of water between cab and bed and supposedly fixed it. At that time water also got into cabin soaking carpets which was replaced as well. Now after very heavy rain storms yesterday and today the sloshing is back. This truck has been in the shop mutmiple times already and Ford even offered to buy it back from me earlier on which I prob should have done at the time.
Has anyone esle has this problem and if so, how did you ultimately resolve it? The water is NOT coming through the rear roof lamp
Please advise . I am aggravated beyond belief
There was a TSB for the A/C drain pipe in the firewall!! Check it out, that is most likely the source of the water issues!!