Help me decide 801a or 802a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

vladi

Reaction score
I am an EE as well, but electronics will be fine for me and labs to go to Starbucks.

Engine should be fine. Friend worked on Raptor program at Ford and he only saw one minor engine issue during testing. Transmission had some controller issues, but appears they have addressed. Seats little more supportive than standard F150. I have had cooled seats in two Lincoln Navigators since 2003 and never an issue. For every complaint on the moonroof, there are many others that say no problem....but I can see why might not want run if run / jump hard.

Pick what makes you happy for the $ you want to spend, then sit back, be happy and ignore all those that have nothing good to say about anything.

Yeah just looking for more input that I might be missing with my close mindedness :) I too have friends at ford and they told me to wait until the transmission had reached good production numbers. I also feel more comfortable with the engine with the fact that a much more tuned version of it is in the GT 40, which should logically speak that the one in the raptor is has a lot of potential and being sufficiently reliable to be able to be pushed to such higher limits in the GT 40.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup I am not a huge fan off features just for the sake of competing with other brands. So you are saying the 801a does not have leather seats?

801a has heated leather trimmed seats

802a has heated and cooled full leather seats

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went 801a.

my taurus sho and my 2015 mustang are both option to be just like the 802a trucks. in my opinion ac seats, ambient lighting, the 8" screen and the other small electronic things are not worth the extra $4-5k difference.

instead i got a fully loaded 801a screw for less then what just the screw plus 802a package was.
the only options ill actually miss are the heated steering wheel and the auto high beams, i have a plan to try and add the steering wheel.

ac seats suck, dont get caught up in the hype about them.... both my other cars have them, they suck... can only feel them in mesh shorts.

however.... if you plan on adding EVERY single option to an 801a truck that the 802a truck has the price difference is less then $2k... in that case id just get a 802a option truck.
it really depends on what options you can live without.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
802a full leather:

2017-Ford-F-150-Raptor-SuperCrew-seats-02.jpg

801a leather trimmed

2017-ford-f150-raptor-interior-right-side-view.jpg

the full leather looks so much nicer :(

those are old pics. they are both exactly the same leather seats.

in my opinion so many people are getting dupped into buying the 802a trucks and they dont need to...

PBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how you plan to run a Supermoto on the Barstow to Vegas run?

HAHA I was thinking the same thing.

What model KTM supermoto do you have? I had a 2008 690SMC and currently have a 2008 530exc with full supermoto set up.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
those are old pics. they are both exactly the same leather seats.

in my opinion so many people are getting dupped into buying the 802a trucks and they dont need to...

they arent exactly the same at all

802a is full leather

801a is cloth in the middle, leather on the sides

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc