GEN 2 Help! Gorilla like nuts spline socket split

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was changing my wheels to my winter ones and half way through my rear wheel the socket split. I can't drive my truck until I get another one. Any ideas of which one fits and where I can get one? Also, the one that came with it was flimsy, is there a stronger one? TIA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BHook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
search lug nut key on Amazon.

Local tire shop probably has one...

OP
OP
squeak11

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the help. Crisis is over! AutoZone 8 minutes away has them in stock.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the installation/removal tool split do you trust all the lug nuts that came with it? Not sure I would.

Steve R

Reaction score
Sounds like the wheels were over-torqued. The proper torque for the lugs is 140-150 lb-ft. Also, using an impact wrench on the lug socket can and usually does break them.

OP
OP
squeak11

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the wheels were over-torqued. The proper torque for the lugs is 140-150 lb-ft. Also, using an impact wrench on the lug socket can and usually does break them.
They were put on by hand as I helped them install my new wheels. I'm 5' 5" and 155 pounds and broke it using a 20" ratchet. No impact wrench involved. Maybe I'm just freakishly strong.