Help from Scab owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 19 Scab and I am trying to dynamat the sub woofer. I have watched the video on the other thread on how to release the driver rear seat to get to the sub woofer. Mine does not work that way. I don't know if it is that the video is on a Screw or if they changed something in the 19s. When you put the lower seat up, the back does not move like in the video. It stays in one place pretty tight to the back of the cab. I did find a loose tab that looks like it should be attached to something to release the seat, and I see a bracket. I do not see a protruding rod (like the video) to grab with a wrench.

So does anyone know how to release the back of the driver seat in a Scab?

Thanks.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the release is the same. i have come across a few new trucks now that dont pivot the backrest. i use a cotter pin removal tool. its basically a hook on the end and you can get to it. the oem release tab was useless for me as it came off when i pulled it. but there is a nylon strap attached to it if you can find it, and have the strength to pull it in the tight amount of space there is back there without it coming off.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SCAB is slightly different and harder to reach behind seat. You can still do it with the wrench, but a little more tricky. It took me about 15 minutes to get mine released.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the release is the same. i have come across a few new trucks now that dont pivot the backrest. i use a cotter pin removal tool. its basically a hook on the end and you can get to it. the oem release tab was useless for me as it came off when i pulled it. but there is a nylon strap attached to it if you can find it, and have the strength to pull it in the tight amount of space there is back there without it coming off.
The strap that's already there is attached to the cab wall, not the seat. Pulling on that won't release the seat. The pin you need to hook onto is on the passenger side of the bracket.

Last edited:

Merica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then get the aftermarket seat strap and save yourself future trouble. My driver's side strap was actually latched in the mechanism....real PITA

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More Pics in the “what have you done to your truck today thread”, but yeah...our SCAB seat backs don’t pivot forward when you raise the bottom like in SCrews.

To help visualize what the latch looks like, here’s mine with some hobby wire looped around it before I rigged up a more permanent cable:

i-k6XNq9b-X3.jpg

Not gonna lie, it was a pain in the ass to get to... Had my very fit/strong some pull the seat forward while I jammed my meat hooks down there with a hook-end probe to pull up on that little silver tab.

Saw a video for the aftermarket release (can’t recall manufacturer) recommending a long box—end wrench to reach down there and snag the release tab. Good video as I recall.

Good luck!

AVJ19SCAB

Reaction score
More Pics in the “what have you done to your truck today thread”, but yeah...our SCAB seat backs don’t pivot forward when you raise the bottom like in SCrews.

To help visualize what the latch looks like, here’s mine with some hobby wire looped around it before I rigged up a more permanent cable:

i-k6XNq9b-X3.jpg

Not gonna lie, it was a pain in the ass to get to... Had my very fit/strong some pull the seat forward while I jammed my meat hooks down there with a hook-end probe to pull up on that little silver tab.

Saw a video for the aftermarket release (can’t recall manufacturer) recommending a long box—end wrench to reach down there and snag the release tab. Good video as I recall.

Good luck!

This pic helps a lot. Thx.