Heads/cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hurry up and report back!

It won't be till next year.

Unless they offer a discounted package deal for the heads/cams I probably will go to another shop for the work. Probably will have Fox Lake do the work.

Seems like you should be able to get 525 to 550hp out of the raptor NA with out much trouble. I really did want to go SC with a whipple and probably will be the same cost when you add in labor to do the NA upgrades, but for off road I think the NA route is better long term. Especially since there is no added strain on the crank bearings that you have with a SC. The turbo kit looked promising but that died out quickly as far as seeing actually ones running on the street and off road.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I 100% agree and hope you find something good, so I can follow suit down the road.

OP
OP
ProjecT 9

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't be till next year.

Unless they offer a discounted package deal for the heads/cams I probably will go to another shop for the work. Probably will have Fox Lake do the work.

Seems like you should be able to get 525 to 550hp out of the raptor NA with out much trouble. I really did want to go SC with a whipple and probably will be the same cost when you add in labor to do the NA upgrades, but for off road I think the NA route is better long term. Especially since there is no added strain on the crank bearings that you have with a SC. The turbo kit looked promising but that died out quickly as far as seeing actually ones running on the street and off road.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/my-hellion-twin-turbo-raptor-643rwhp-40581/

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd check with MMR and see what they can do with the 6.2. One member here said MMR was doing some work for him but never heard about it ever again.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sub'd. I've always been interested in seeing how far the 6.2L can go NA while still staying fuel injected. There have been at least a couple all-motor Raptor 6.2l builds where the engine was dropped into a Fox body Mustang etc., but both of those involved swapping to a carburetor setup for fuel delivery.

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know I am a nobody newbie everyone ignores but i will see what the Livernois setup does for me. I am installing it myself which will be my first Ford modular... not that it bothers me. I have HP Tuners so I can tune for the changes afterwards. The truck has in addition to the heads and cams, stainless works long tubes and cat less mids as well as an mbrp 3.5" catback and afe intake. The truck isn't a Raptor. . But i can't find anywhere else to talk about the 6.2 or any board that isn't Eco this and 5 liter that... so here I am. It's a 3.73 geared 2013 fx4.

I will post what I find.. including cam specs if anyone wants them.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have wanted to do this also I'm not big on forced induction in this platform I don't think you need 700hp can't wait to see the results of this