Heads/cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking around and all I can seem to find is a setup livernois offers for a heads/cam package. I'm fairly new to the raptor scene, i wonder why the larger companies like AFR or TrickFlow etc. aren't providing cylinder head options? I'm sure these 6.2's can put out some good power NA with some additional engine work. Anyone built or building a forged bottom end NA motor or forced induction setup?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of these discussions are in threads that started 3 to 4 years ago, so your going to have to use the forum search tab.

Not enough 6.2L Raptors out there to inspire the market to go at it like the CobraJet engines.
If Ford would announce there going to continue the 6.2L for 2017 then we might see more stuff.
But I'm not holding my breath.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/custom-built-super-charged-raptor-32584/

Last edited:

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten specs on the Livernois cams. Saying it's proprietary and they won't release them is ridiculous. I haven't called to ask yet but I will and see what they say. I have a set of their cnc ported heads assembled with cams and I would like to degree them. You can still do it but without a cam card you won't know if they are right. As far as not releasing specs. ... well I can get them all with a degree wheel and a dial indicator so I don't know why they don't send a card along.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'd rather do this vs slapping in a blower. But not enough people went this route and I'd like to know reliability/longevity.

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are ridiculously expensive. ... I built a complete forged long block with ported heads LS 6 liter for the cost of heads and cams on this 6.2. Be nice to see some more options our there.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ProjecT 9

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The forced induction route is fun and what I'm looking to do long term but id just like to see a nice heads/cam package put together for the 6.2

Right now the aftermarket performance seems like two extremes for the majority of us. One side - CAI, exhaust, tune. Other side - supercharger $$ with some taking it even further with built engines etc.

I read a lot on here and see ppl post that they want more than what the intake, exhaust, tune provides but don't want to shell out for the supercharger+ install price. A nice middle of the road option would be nice to have.