Headlights going from "Auto" to "On" by themselves.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It's happened a few times and again today. Turn truck off and get loud chimes, somehow the headlights are on in broad daylight. I have to turn the knob back to Auto.

Anyone been faced with this?

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Probably hitting it with your knee. I've done that plenty. Getting in and out.
I don't think so, but who knows.

So, funny thing, I have a '22 and my wife also has a '22. I'm sitting on the tailgate a bit ago talking to a neighbor. Wife pulls up and gets out and says "why is the truck dinging at me?" I go around, sure enough, same thing. I get her key start the truck and turn the knob back to Auto, turn it off, no dinging.

I wonder if it's is some kind of update that didn't take.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just one in a long line of electrical anamolies. My dashboard gauges change on their own, the center screen reverts to nav when it feels like it. But I still love it. Lol.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my light sensor covered with electrical tape and switch set to auto, so headlights would be on all the time. Just a thought to try that.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be beyond strange if that knob had a stepper motor so that it could be controlled by software. Allowing some idiot software weenie to mess with it would be stupid, but the real reason is that it would add 25 cents to the cost of the vehicle. I'm guessing it's getting bumped somehow. Did you perhaps allow a young goat to frolic in your truck? :)