Heading to Foutz Motorsports..any questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ARR (Arizona Raptor Runs) is partnering with Foutz Motorsports located in Mesa AZ for an event Jan 12th. Foutz motorsports will be doing a kind of open house and some training (LeadNav) and info on the Raptors. F/Motorsports was tapped by Ford for its Raptor Race programs for several Baja 1000’s and has a wealth of knowledge about out trucks.

I’m attending and thought it might be a chance to ask some Raptor questions of Greg and his team. So if there are any relevant questions, bring them on and I’ll try to get some answers.

My first question:

Is there any type of traction control in Rock/crawl mode to assist the Torsen unit.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what would be the first suspension upgrade Greg would recommend doing to the raptor?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I would like to know what would be the first suspension upgrade Greg would recommend doing to the raptor?

the front and rear kit that they designed for the deberti raptor, duh!

I'd like to hear what Greg's thoughts are on the best racing series and class would be for someone wanting to get into desert racing that is coming from modified raptors. As well as any tips for those getting started.

If I'm being selfish and greedy with the questions, I'd also love to hear his thoughts on when a gen2 truck should get a cage, based on the cab strength and structure. ( and if that guidance is different from gen1 to gen2. )

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
f I'm being selfish and greedy with the questions, I'd also love to hear his thoughts on when a gen2 truck should get a cage, based on the cab strength and structure. ( and if that guidance is different from gen1 to gen2. )
Well I am NOT Greg....but we could have a fun conversation over a couple of rum based cocktails on this one...

One of my first off road vehicles was a 1973 F100...of course set up for prerunning. Never dwelled much on the structural strength of the cab but because I COULD build my own cage I did so...

Of course new vehicles are a huge amount of work to do a proper cage and add our aluminum structure and that issue gets bigger...

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the front and rear kit that they designed for the deberti raptor, duh!

I'd like to hear what Greg's thoughts are on the best racing series and class would be for someone wanting to get into desert racing that is coming from modified raptors. As well as any tips for those getting started.

If I'm being selfish and greedy with the questions, I'd also love to hear his thoughts on when a gen2 truck should get a cage, based on the cab strength and structure. ( and if that guidance is different from gen1 to gen2. )

Duh? Your right everyone should already know this right? Wtf ever

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Well I am NOT Greg....but we could have a fun conversation over a couple of rum based cocktails on this one...

One of my first off road vehicles was a 1973 F100...of course set up for prerunning. Never dwelled much on the structural strength of the cab but because I COULD build my own cage I did so...

Of course new vehicles are a huge amount of work to do a proper cage and add our aluminum structure and that issue gets bigger...

I know what the answer is for me ( which is why I feel like I'm overdue for one and am dropping my truck off to be caged within the next few months) , it would just be interesting to get his take on the topic, especially with as much work he's done with ford directly.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Duh? Your right everyone should already know this right? Wtf ever

its a joke dude. chill.

I highly doubt anyone's first raptor mod is to have it cut in half and 100K worth of work done to the suspension and interior.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a joke dude. chill.

I highly doubt anyone's first raptor mod is to have it cut in half and 100K worth of work done to the suspension and interior.
Thanks,,,,,that's exactly what I had in mind when I asked my original question.. duh :33: