Head Units Show Em!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the Pioneer NAV and currently have the 8 inch Alpine. The only real difference is I can't stream movies through the Alpine like the Pioneer could. Ergonomics and Bluetooth are fine for both, NAV and sound is better in the Alpine unit IMO.
Pic #1 in Pioneer, Pic #2 is Alpine.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 146
  • utahdash.jpg
    utahdash.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 150

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I have had the Pioneer NAV and currently have the 8 inch Alpine. The only real difference is I can't stream movies through the Alpine like the Pioneer could. Ergonomics and Bluetooth are fine for both, NAV and sound is better in the Alpine unit IMO.
Pic #1 in Pioneer, Pic #2 is Alpine.

Does this work with sync? I'm assuming no.

OP
OP
Kapolani

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kapolani - I know you are in St. Mary's county but there is a company near Richmond that got a great reference from another owner on here. I contacted them and felt really good about what they were telling me but I have not pulled the trigger on the install. I do not have the contact info here with me right now. If you want it PM me.

Thanks man!

I may hit you up for the info if I don't go with a place more near to me.

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!

I may hit you up for the info if I don't go with a place more near to me.

No worries - it is a haul for me too but I wanted a company that was familiar with what our trucks can and cant do and like I said they had just finished an install for another forum member.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ Yes until now only some kenwood Units paired with the iDatalink Maestro RR device will work flawless with the sync.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my Kenwood DNX890HD with Maestro. GARMIN navi integration is very good. XM and Pandora integration is great. Everything works perfectly with Galaxy S4.

emudu7yp.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are the options for a '12 with the factory NAV? I would love to rip out the OEM unit. Looks like the Maestro allows control of the HVAC controls if you have a iDatalink radio?

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are the options for a '12 with the factory NAV? I would love to rip out the OEM unit. Looks like the Maestro allows control of the HVAC controls if you have a iDatalink radio?

Yes it does allow full control of the HVAC paired with an iDatalink ready Kenwood Headunit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk