Head Units Show Em!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does allow full control of the HVAC paired with an iDatalink ready Kenwood Headunit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I assumed that any iDatalink radio will do this not just the Kenwood? They have a list of iDatalink on the Maestro site.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does allow full control of the HVAC paired with an iDatalink ready Kenwood Headunit

I know it works for Mustang and possibly other Fords but as of the last firmware update I have (mid last year) it's not working on F150 yet. I haven't checked for a new realease in a while. There's a pretty big thread on F150 online forum with more info.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it works for Mustang and possibly other Fords but as of the last firmware update I have (mid last year) it's not working on F150 yet. I haven't checked for a new realease in a while. There's a pretty big thread on F150 online forum with more info.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It does allow control on the Kenwood 890HD, as you can see in the first page of this thread I uploaded some pictures and in one of them you can see the controls for the Climate system in our trucks.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does allow control on the Kenwood 890HD, as you can see in the first page of this thread I uploaded some pictures and in one of them you can see the controls for the Climate system in our trucks.

Thanks! Is that the Metra dash kit you used?

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Is that the Metra dash kit you used?

No, it's the factory front fascia, I had it custom modified internally in order to make the radio fit correctly, my vehicle came with the Factory Vav and Sony System, I search all over the internet and was not able to find an aftermarket front fascia that would go hand in hand with the HVAC controls on the bottom of the radio controls.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's the factory front fascia, I had it custom modified internally in order to make the radio fit correctly, my vehicle came with the Factory Vav and Sony System, I search all over the internet and was not able to find an aftermarket front fascia that would go hand in hand with the HVAC controls on the bottom of the radio controls.

I'm in the same boat, Factory NAV as well. I think this kit will work, I believe it's relatively new. I'm sure Noah will chime in and confirm.

Metra Part # 95-5819 | Ford F-150 Dash kit | Metra Online

ETA: I think I'm wrong and this is only for the non-NAV dashes. I used the info from my truck on the Metra website, but it returned this.

Last edited:

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, Factory NAV as well. I think this kit will work, I believe it's relatively new. I'm sure Noah will chime in and confirm.

Metra Part # 95-5819 | Ford F-150 Dash kit | Metra Online

ETA: I think I'm wrong and this is only for the non-NAV dashes. I used the info from my truck on the Metra website, but it returned this.

Yes, I also use that kit in order to make it look like factory and to attach the radio correctly into the bolts on the back of the front fascia; but I am talking about the controls of the HVAC system, see picture below.yqevutes.jpg

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see what you're saying now. I guess I'll have to wait until I pull everything apart and understand what has to be done to hold the HVAC controls. I thought they would have been mechanically mounted on their own, but it sounds like the bracketry is common between the factory NAV and everything else.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see what you're saying now. I guess I'll have to wait until I pull everything apart and understand what has to be done to hold the HVAC controls. I thought they would have been mechanically mounted on their own, but it sounds like the bracketry is common between the factory NAV and everything else.

The HVAC controls and the radio controls from the front of the fascia appears to be separate pieces, but in the inside it's a complete module. There is no way to separate them, that's why you can see the radio controls in my vehicle, though they do not work.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just checked at lunch. No go on the 890 in my '11 screw. Climate controls are grayed out in the myF150 screen. Gauges work fine. I must be on an older firmware or there is something specific to model year differences in the F150 integration.