Hard water spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the water softener/filter system from autogeeks & it did not stop the water spots on our vehicles I'm very disappointed with it :-(

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a tip if you have one (I have 2 lol) the more powerful gas leaf blowers eliminate the need to "dry" the vehicle... Doing it for years...

I use an electric leaf blower. I think I recall reading that gas leaf blowers can actually blow debris from combustion into your paint possibly creating a sandblasting effect. Granted, I already had an electric leaf blower regardless so I can't vouch for the gas blowers causing damage to paint. I do always turn the blower on while not facing the vehicle so anything that's settled in the tube can get blown out first.

TTOKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a mobile wash service that comes by my office once a week. They use an electric blower to dry the truck.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just take it to waterway every several weeks, they look good dirty :crazy:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the first thing i would do, i would wash it with no wax, and then have it wrapped. that way you dont have to worry about hard water or scratches on the paint. wrapping the truck might be a bit expensive $800 to $1000 but to know that washing will be a breeze, and that the paint will never get scratched. to me it seems like a good investment.
also i heard from a detailer, that they sometimes use gasoline on a rag to get spots off windows

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had this problem in Las Vegas... the spriklers would hit my car, and the water is Vegas is TERRIBLY hard, full of deposits. Some of the worst water spots ever, SO hard to remove!!!

The one product that I found, that worked, was actually designed for use on boats! It's called "Ducky" and if you can find it locally (most boat suppliers carry it) it works very well to remove them.

Welcome to Ducky Products! The Authority on Water Spot Removal.

Looks like they now make a product called "Mud Duck" for off road vehicles... I may have to try it!

Welcome to the Ducky Store!

wspot.jpg

hattrik0797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All, I have said this a few times and it never gets old.....this forum freaking rocks!!! I washed the Raptor for the first time yesterday and woke to lots of hard water spots on my windshield this morning as I was a bit late getting to drying the windows. It frustrated me all day so I thought I would get on the forum to see if anyone else had the same issue and low and behold a full string of answers awaited me. Thanks a ton to everyone for responding to this thread as it really turned my day around!!!!

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For water filters and softeners a good place to look is at RV stores. Camping World is all over the place but many others are out there. You can get in-line filters for as low as $25. For an in-line like at autogeek as low as $50. They don't eliminate water spots but even using the $25 one it reduced the amount and severity of them and that was washing a Black Raptor in 105 degree heat.