Hard Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The steering seems hard on my 2012. Fluid looks fine but the steering feels hard and there is a slight grinding you can feel in the wheel when you put load on the power-steering system. Going down the road and very slightly putting left or right pressure on the steering wheel.

Maybe I'm just being **** but I don't remember my other Raptors having this issue or the hard steering. Also if feels effortless to turn the wheel in my powerstroke and wife's expedition compared to the raptor. I would expect the raptor steering to be a little bit harder because of the 315s.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
68bbhdo8pc.jpg

OP
OP
AngryBird

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never worked out my tiny arms except for... :manos:

It isn't whining but it does have that slight "grinding" vibration when I put some pressure on the wheel. Should I just flush the powersteering fluid and see if that helps? Powersteering fluid is between min and max line and kind of a reddish/brown color.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grinding, man doesn't sound good, I would pop the belt off see if there's any play in the pump shaft, ( SHOULD BE EASY, BUY THE SMILEY POSTED) LMAO.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also jack the front up and see if you get the grinding or any restriction when turning L TO R, with the losd off the wheels.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could be IWE failing and causing grinding noise and the steering feeling because the front torsen diff?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk