Had some new Progressive rate Spring made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wound up just drilling out the screw. Whoever decided it was a good idea to use such a small screw for this application needs to get knocked out.

With the new springs on the bottom perch setting, my truck currently sits at approximately 41.5 inches (ground to center of fender) with a full tank of gas. This puts it 1/4" higher than mid-perch.

The ride is greatly improved over mid-perch. The "pogo" effect that many people encounter with the stock springs at that setting is largely gone with the new progressive springs. The ride quality is quite similar to the factory springs at bottom perch, but due to the new ones being progressive, they handle bumps in a much more dampened and controlled manner.
There is a bit more roll and dive than with stocks springs at mid-perch, but definitely not as pronounced as the truck had stock.
Overall, this was a very worthwhile upgrade. The stock springs at mid-perch to me always felt too stiff when compared with the rear. It gave the truck a bit of an unbalanced feeling. The progressive springs correct this issue, and the truck now feels properly sorted.
I would strongly recommend people NOT to do mid-perch and just install these progressive springs instead. They are the superior option by far.

That little screw isn't meant to hold anything. All its there for is to keep the lower spring perch from turning. So the SVT will always be facing forward.

Your springs will settle some. Over the past 2 months Ive lost about half an inch.

Tornitron

Reaction score
That little screw isn't meant to hold anything. All its there for is to keep the lower spring perch from turning. So the SVT will always be facing forward.

Your springs will settle some. Over the past 2 months Ive lost about half an inch.

I know. My issue is that after a winter of salt spray, that little screw can get jammed in there pretty good even after hitting it with some PB Blaser. Being so small, it is easy to strip if you have to put some force on it. I think the person that did my mid-perch prior may have cranked it down too tight also.

I hope mine don't settle, I would be below mid-perch stock spring height if they drop that much.
What is your current height?

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am at 24.5" using that measurement. Interesting.

Mine are right at 24.5 as well. Only had them on for a few days. Was wondering should you be able to compress your shocks with the coils off or not. Mine would not budge with me leaning on them with all my weight. I have read that if you compress the rear shocks and they don't rebound back that they are blown I was curious if there was a similar test for the fronts.

Tornitron

Reaction score
Mine are right at 24.5 as well. Only had them on for a few days. Was wondering should you be able to compress your shocks with the coils off or not. Mine would not budge with me leaning on them with all my weight. I have read that if you compress the rear shocks and they don't rebound back that they are blown I was curious if there was a similar test for the fronts.

I feel a bit better now. What year is your truck?

As far as the front shocks, I don't think you can compress them with just your body weight. Mine were very stiff as well.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a 2012. And I am also coming from mid perch with stock springs back to bottom perch with the progressive springs. I would say that the truck sits damn near the same as it did at mid perch with these new springs on bottom perch. I would also x2 everything you said about the ride and handling. Well worth it.