Had some new Progressive rate Spring made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had this same thought last night after battling my mid perch issues. I reached out to national and heard back today that they are not currently nor planning to make coils for the raptor.

i would be seriously interested in this and was about to search out spring companies that would be willing to make me a set.

However i dont want that lean that you have, i want standard mid perch height, or just below, with the original ride quality, if they are progessive, i wouldnt mind a potential softer ride.

OP
OP
J

Johnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont want the lean IE nose up you could just run the springs on the bottom perch setting

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
So it sounded like you had yours set on mid perch, is that right? Curious because it looks like you're on top perch.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I actually really like the stance on your truck. Mine sits low in the front on mid perch and I'd like to change that.

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats called the cali lean lol...

LOL< yeah, some of the vatos take it way to far round here though. They will have the front of the truck a good 6 or 8 inches now up, and the back pretty much stock. Most of the ones I have seen like that have a lame ass fab-tech lift on the front, usually powdercoated some obnoxious color.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL< yeah, some of the vatos take it way to far round here though. They will have the front of the truck a good 6 or 8 inches now up, and the back pretty much stock. Most of the ones I have seen like that have a lame ass fab-tech lift on the front, usually powdercoated some obnoxious color.

I know what u mean man. I used to have a GM truck and was on a forum for it and the west coast guys took that to a whole new level. Front way up in the air with neon green and chrome lift components....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey OP I thought on the more and more last night and driving in to work today. I am Top-perch on stock springs obviously ,and the ride is prettty stiff until I get working the truck pretty good. I think you are really on to something, and I can't comphrehend how no one already makes replacement coils of varrying rates for such a high performance vehicle. I understand you wanting to keep you supplier confidential for any future profits you could make by geting these made and selling them. But there are way more possiblities out there for setup than just one "standard" spring. Some guys are going to want a much softer spring for different conditons, or the oppisite, yah know what I mean. You could have them produce a middle of the ground spring that would be an improvment over stock for most, but different options might make sense too.