h&m racing design ford raptor long travel kit (clean post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how my steering wheel is in straight line.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418515384.314525.jpg
Engine cage, dont know if that can hold the heavy rates springs
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418515492.640466.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418515504.254555.jpg
Still unable to use bumps tops
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418515518.976462.jpg
A rear rubber bump stops tongue kiss
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418515661.722883.jpg
rogue 20" suspension kit, that's the only bolts on kit that you can add 20" of suspension travel without cutting the bed.
Dont want to know about welding and cutting anymore.

the H&m racing design 18"lts kit with the rogue 20" at the rear for
Me is the best combo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418515306.176843.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418515306.176843.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 111
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418515318.606044.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418515318.606044.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rogue 20" suspension kit, that's the only bolts on kit that you can add 20" of suspension travel without cutting the bed.
Dont want to know about welding and cutting anymore.

the H&m racing design 18"lts kit with the rogue 20" at the rear for
Me is the best combo

I've seen the Rogue cantilever kit in person. It's very nice. You're high if you think it's just some simple install.

The best idea would have been to put 3.0s all around, deaver's and probably bump stops in the rear and call it a day.

I don't think you need 18/20" of travel to soak up pot holes.

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the Rogue cantilever kit in person. It's very nice. You're high if you think it's just some simple install.

The best idea would have been to put 3.0s all around, deaver's and probably bump stops in the rear and call it a day.

Or only a good bump stop kit as the icons or rpg to save the rear end

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how my steering wheel is in straight line.

It's pretty easy to simply shorten one tie rod link and extend the other until your wheel is straight. Go the same number of turns on each side and your alignment will be unaffected.
The cage will be fine with the high spring rates as long as there are quality welds on the shock hoops and brace.
If I were you, I'd be looking at the new icon rear setup.
It'll perform just as well for you as the cantilever, and have the bonus of being just about impossible to **** the install up.

Hah !

Honestly though, can't speak for the h&m, but the brenthel lt has a much smoother ride than 3.0's over potholes and chop...

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to simply shorten one tie rod link and extend the other until your wheel is straight. Go the same number of turns on each side and your alignment will be unaffected.

The cage will be fine with the high spring rates as long as there are quality welds on the shock hoops and brace.

If I were you, I'd be looking at the new icon rear setup.

It'll perform just as well for you as the cantilever, and have the bonus of being just about impossible to **** the install up.

Hah !

Honestly though, can't speak for the h&m, but the brenthel lt has a much smoother ride than 3.0's over potholes and chop...

What icons kit, do you kean the RXT with bump stop kit. That kit looks interesting icons is a 100% bolt on kit and very easy to install with their instruction manual.
Dont know why they did not use a under sprimg set up for that kit
Sdhq has they under spring conversion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What icons kit, do you kean the RXT with bump stop kit. That kit looks interesting icons is a 100% bolt on kit and very easy to install with their instruction manual.
Dont know why they did not use a under sprimg set up for that kit
Sdhq has they under spring conversion

Yes, the rxt.
The sprung over is fine, the way their springs are designed they are not limiting compression travel.
The way they've set it up, it extracts all available travel before you need to start cutting and welding on the frame.
As you're finding with your front end, less travel that is tuned better will outperform every time.

We still need your coilover and bypass valving. Odds are that's where most of the "stiffness" of your front suspension is coming from.

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the rxt.

The sprung over is fine, the way their springs are designed they are not limiting compression travel.

The way they've set it up, it extracts all available travel before you need to start cutting and welding on the frame.

As you're finding with your front end, less travel that is tuned better will outperform every time.

We still need your coilover and bypass valving. Odds are that's where most of the "stiffness" of your front suspension is coming from.

Hey just to double check, do i need to keep the 500/6" tender for the 700/20" main spring?

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably, how long is your coil overs stroke, 10,12,14 inches ?

Only thing i know The coilover shocks eyelet to eyelet is 32" full extended.
At my ride height shock has shown 7 1/2" out of shaft, so prob is 14

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing i know The coilover shocks eyelet to eyelet is 32" full extended.
At my ride height shock has shown 7 1/2" out of shaft, so prob is 14

That'd be a 12" coilover then.
Your ride height is a bit too high yet if you've got 7 1/2" of shaft at ride height.
You will still require the 6" 500lbs tender spring to take up any slack when the suspension droops out.