G's Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37” Tire under the Bed

DSC02592.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

Off comes the Exhaust…
DSC02598.jpg

DSC02619.jpg

DSC02618.jpg

DSC02617.jpg

Clearing the “Pumpkin”
DSC02613.jpg

The plan was to install down pipes off the exhaust but in the rush for the weekend run it was put off. Unfortunately the heat melted the emergency brake cable, this created hot spot in brake, possibly cause PB did not fully disengage? This in turn may have caused axle seal to over heat. Lost about 1 -2 oz while I was stopped, we could tell because no fluid spun off the tire. Matt saw it while he was admiring the new rear bumper and saw what looked like a dog pissed on the inside rt rear tire. Kept an eye on it the rest of the trip.

Conner and the crew from Outlaw Expeditions were great in helping to diagnose problem, even arranged to have part waiting for me in Vegas. Since no more fluid was leaking we held off activating that contingency plan.

As a side note: Exhaust sounds fantastic at idle and anything over 2000 RPM, at 1500 to 1800 there is a terrible harmonic resonance - A droan that rattles your spine.

Waiting to hear final damage cost from dealer, not sure if seal will be covered by warranty, cable is on me. I also got a engine light that came on right when we were getting ready to go, put in off road mode, lock diff, disable traction control and Bam - engine light. They are replacing the "Engine Control Module"

Truck ran great all weekend. I even remembered to lock down the cooler almost every time! The last segment of 30 miles or so down some of the more challenging of the mostly easy terrain of this trip, I forgot to fasten the top strap that holds the cooler down. Nothing moved or spilled!

Good news is that I knew I might forget, and the mods I made worked. I had added an extra strap under the cooler to hold the Jack box in place, also had a piece of 2" packing foam cut to fit the size of the cooler keeping all of our drinks from bouncing inside the cooler. Worked so well I might even try some glass Beer bottles again!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm usually not a fan of cutting up the bed of the truck and putting the pre-runner bumpers, although I do understand their function. I think yours turned out exceptionally well and looks great. Nice job, E63.

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm usually not a fan of cutting up the bed of the truck and putting the pre-runner bumpers, although I do understand their function. I think yours turned out exceptionally well and looks great. Nice job, E63.

Not something to do lightly... Thanks, I like it too!

Loving the pics and your new set of bumpers!

Thanks, I' looking forward to the sliders and cage too.

Gary sure knows how to take a pic!!! Those are awesome!! Loving the new front bumper!!

Thanks, Give RPG a call, I think you will be pleasantly surprised how inexpensive they will be pricing these.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Thanks, Give RPG a call, I think you will be pleasantly surprised how inexpensive they will be pricing these.

Oh I've been all over these!!! My frame horns are getting chopped and I'm letting them go to work...someday