GROUP BUY: MBRP Turn Down WITH Resonator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I need just the resonator how much

The resonator pipe alone is $287.83, which we found to be somewhat pricey. That's actually why we decided to have MBRP create this kit because it drove the cost down all around.

sb127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a crappy iphone video I shot a minute ago.

Ford Raptor with MBRP Turndown & Resonator - YouTube

Maybe someone can fix the link. For some reason I can't get it to embed the video.

Everyone's definition of drone is different. If you think of drone as resonance, then there is all but none. If you consider drone a lot of noise on the highway, then yes there will be plenty....especially around 1800-2000 rpm. Coming from the magnaflow cat back I had, this is 10x louder. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. Last night my back window slider started rattling from the exhaust noise under half throttle.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Videos don't do this system justice. There is no resonance, but you're going to hear all sounds coming from the exhaust echo off the ground right behind you which at certain RPM's will cause bass/vibration.

I find that any increase in throttle whether it be accelerating up to speed or simply maintaining speed on a hill is a lot louder. Idle and cruise at constant speed/rpm on non-hilly areas isn't bad at all and actually just a bit louder than stock.

My opinion is that the WOT of this system is well worth the reasonable price of admission. Worst case scenario, the connections are all slip fit and held in place by band clamps so it wouldn't be a big deal to start out with this kit and add a more traditional exit later to kill the echo off the ground.

I'm sure the sound of this system has people wondering what if MBRP made a lightning style exit. Also, I wonder why MBRP has some T304 systems for other vehicles, but not the Raptor. Seems like people would pay the additional cost if it was available.

Last edited:

sb127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Vash said WOT is wicked! I may end up having an exhaust shop fab up a short pipe to dump the exhaust over the rear axle just to see how it sounds.

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely still interested. What steps do I take?