Group Buy for an aftermarket Hood/Bed Graphics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm even thinking of going matte orange to contrast with the black. Also do the SVT side vents orange. That would definitely get noticed and blend in with the orange mirror reflectors and signal lights... maybe even do the FORD on the front grill orange decals

Ok so seems like the best thing to do is get on ebay and order some samples first...

kjbeggs

Reaction score
ok so i've been thinking of going something different than stock but afraid to shell out the cash only to have it look horrible.. It's hard to vision something without seeing an example but maybe yall can help..

What would everyone think of going with (both hood and side) the dark grey matte color on a black tux raptor? I'm wondering if it would set it off with the bumpers, flares, and grill being a dark grey color. Hmmm

Milez28, I considered that option too! Even considered the Anthracite or Brushed Steel (though I thought the brushed might clash with the metallic).

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If we're limited to just one color/finish, I'm not sure if i want Matte black or Satin black (On my Tuxedo Black Metallic). What's closest to the OEM?

OEM is both matte and satin. You have to look at it up close in person, they're not 1 solid finish. I'm assuming these can't be done in the 2 finish like OEM.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will ask chris and I will let you know. But if you want graphics just like OEM then get OEM.

OEM is both matte and satin. You have to look at it up close in person, they're not 1 solid finish. I'm assuming these can't be done in the 2 finish like OEM.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will ask chris and I will let you know. But if you want graphics just like OEM then get OEM.

I want graphics like OEM without OEM price. I think that is the driver behind so many guys wanting these, and not that guys don't want the OEM satin/flat finish.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will go over this with Chris. I am going suspect that he wants to see the OEM hood graphic up close to determine if can do this.

I will update this thread after I talk to Chris.

I want graphics like OEM without OEM price. I think that is the driver behind so many guys wanting these, and not that guys don't want the OEM satin/flat finish.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There's someone selling what appears to be 3M OEM style hood graphics on Amazon for $399.00.

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Milez28, I considered that option too! Even considered the Anthracite or Brushed Steel (though I thought the brushed might clash with the metallic).

I went ahead and ordered a bunch of samples from ebay this weekend (auto vinyl solutions) and they arrived today so I had a chance to check them out. I think I had like 10 or 11 total since they were cheap. Fast shipping too!!

I have to say the matte dark grey metallic is VERY close to the paint on the flares, bumpers, grills but is not an exact match. It's JUST SLIGHTLY OFF but for me thats enough to scrap that idea.

I did find the matte blue metallic to match the fox shocks color pretty darn good. I would love to see how that would look on a tux black rap but I don't want to be the guinea pig for budget reasons...

Honestly I think I might go with the matte black. To me it seems to look the best on the truck but I'm wondering if he can do the hood with the "SVT" and "RAPTOR" cut out so it would give it that extra POP! (Like factory without the F150) Either do that or do the logos in satin or gloss black but I don't know if he has the capability to do 2-tone vinyl..

Can you ask your guy if he could do either and whick would be the best option?