Great service experience--Team Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about them falling apart? If so, several guys on this forum have the same issue!

yeah mine didn't last long. I email Steve Ogilles (the owner) and he forwarded it to his service guy, who in turn CC'd me the email he sent to Ford engineers in MI. Sounded like they were going to redesign them. No dice since. I have since made some of my own to solve the problem. Much like others I have cut up a mud flap and hose clamped it over the shocks. Works like a champ.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah mine didn't last long. I email Steve Ogilles (the owner) and he forwarded it to his service guy, who in turn CC'd me the email he sent to Ford engineers in MI. Sounded like they were going to redesign them. No dice since. I have since made some of my own to solve the problem. Much like others I have cut up a mud flap and hose clamped it over the shocks. Works like a champ.

If Steve is on it, I am sure it will get resolved, he helped design the truck along with Ford. Lets hope for an update. If not I will be there soon for service on my truck and Edge and will check in.

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My crew cab never arrived (Not the dealer's fault. It kept experiencing holds). While I was waiting, AM General contacted me with an offer I couldn't refuse, so I used my Raptor money to buy an H1 Hummer wagon. I've had a number of H1 loan vehicles over the past 19 years and have always wanted one.

I'll be back in the Raptor camp in a while. I miss this community and the Raptor.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There he is (Phil)! I was wondering what "happened" to you. An H1 is a horse of a different color for sure. Other than its aircraft carrier size (imagine an offroad vehicle even larger than a Raptor), it's an incredible machine.

Hope we get a chance to wheel together sometime this year Phil. Let me/us know if you're planning any trips in Utah and you want a/some Raptors along.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Steve is on it, I am sure it will get resolved, he helped design the truck along with Ford. Lets hope for an update. If not I will be there soon for service on my truck and Edge and will check in.

I never heard back from them. No biggie. I don't keep my hopes up too high when it comes to dealerships. Team was one of my better experience overall.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An H1 is a horse of a different color for sure. Other than its aircraft carrier size (imagine an offroad vehicle even larger than a Raptor), it's an incredible machine.

Is the H1 actually bigger than a Raptor? It might look that way but I wonder what the tape measure actually says?

IIRC, the track width (center of tire to center of tire) of the Raptor is actually about 2" wider than the H1.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the H1 actually bigger than a Raptor? It might look that way but I wonder what the tape measure actually says?

IIRC, the track width (center of tire to center of tire) of the Raptor is actually about 2" wider than the H1.

According to THIS thread and THIS website the Raptor is larger than the Hummer H1 in many aspects, not by much, except weight. Width is only like 0.1" of difference. Track is 2" in favor of the Raptor.

Kind of hard to believe if you ask me. Numbers don't lie unless you are a statistician...

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree, read the Raptor is wider than the H1, so we are driving the beast.