Great deals coming down the pike after the Apocalypse???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcartelx

Reaction score
But you don't have to buy in California. Don't know why anyone would.
That still seems like it's up for debate. I looked into it heavily when purchasing my '18 and again when I purchased my '20. I went as far as to move one of my LLC's to Montana because the ambiguity of registering the truck here in California was so great; combined with the stories of people NOT being able to register their truck from out of state left my search radius firmly in California. With the buying and logistics so capricious, combined with the ostensively high means one has to purchase the truck in the first place, most would rather focus their attention somewhere else.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That still seems like it's up for debate. I looked into it heavily when purchasing my '18 and again when I purchased my '20. I went as far as to move one of my LLC's to Montana because the ambiguity of registering the truck here in California was so great; combined with the stories of people NOT being able to register their truck from out of state left my search radius firmly in California. With the buying and logistics so capricious, combined with the ostensively high means one has to purchase the truck in the first place, most would rather focus their attention somewhere else.

So what do people do with their vehicles when they move TO California?

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a used vehicle at that point and you get the exception. I know, it's ridiculous.

So buy one with 1900 mile on the clock. They do exist. If you want new then I guess it's time to grab ankle. I hate CA!

Frado760

Reaction score
Good evening fellas so I’m currently in the market for a 2020 raptor lead foot screw with an 802a package... I live in Southern California and I’ve gone to 1 dealership in Carlsbad 1 in Hemet and corresponded through email with 2 near Los Angeles... All of these dealerships will only down to msrp which they have listed as $72550 after tax title and license I’m looking at paying close to 80k otd for the truck which after reading the thread sounds crazy...

The sticker on the truck is:
Base price: $56,190
Total options: $14765

total vehicle plus options: $70,995
Destination and delivery: $1,595

msrp: $72550

What would the invoice price for this truck be and how would I calculate that total and what do you guys think is a fair price for this truck

thank you

Last edited:
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Invoice is 6-8% off of the MSRP. Mine was $73,500 and my invoice price is $67,500. If you order new you need to do by the end of the month (2 days). Raptors already on lots cn be had for invoice but you'll have to go out of state (Arizona/Texas). A fun road trip to save $thousands. Good luck.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good evening fellas so I’m currently in the market for a 2020 raptor lead foot screw with an 802a package... I live in Southern California and I’ve gone to 1 dealership in Carlsbad 1 in Hemet and corresponded through email with 2 near Los Angeles... All of these dealerships will only down to msrp which they have listed as $72550 after tax title and license I’m looking at paying close to 80k otd for the truck which after reading the thread sounds crazy...

The sticker on the truck is:
Base price: $56,190
Total options: $14765

total vehicle plus options: $70,995
Destination and delivery: $1,595

msrp: $72550

What would the invoice price for this truck be and how would I calculate that total and what do you guys think is a fair price for this truck

thank you

It's been covered on here plenty but California is the absolute worst state to buy a Raptor in. I lived in Oceanside and grew up in Temecula so I feel the pain. Was once up north in Dixon and had a dealer try to cut me an 'awesome' deal at 5k over MSRP if I bought that day.... I laughed and walked away.

It'd definitely be worth the time and effort to look a state or two away and do the drive/flight and drive home or look for a dealer that'd be willing to ship it to you. Good luck though!

For reference my sticker was 74k and my invoice was 68k.

Invoice is 6-8% off of the MSRP. Mine was $73,500 and my invoice price is $67,500. If you order new you need to do by the end of the month (2 days). Raptors already on lots cn be had for invoice but you'll have to go out of state (Arizona/Texas). A fun road trip to save $thousands. Good luck.

Whaaaa! Crazy posting useful buying advice as a seasoned raptor buyer?! Now I've seen everything :p:D

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been covered on here plenty but California is the absolute worst state to buy a Raptor in. I lived in Oceanside and grew up in Temecula so I feel the pain. Was once up north in Dixon and had a dealer try to cut me an 'awesome' deal at 5k over MSRP if I bought that day.... I laughed and walked away.

It'd definitely be worth the time and effort to look a state or two away and do the drive/flight and drive home or look for a dealer that'd be willing to ship it to you. Good luck though!

For reference my sticker was 74k and my invoice was 68k.

Whaaaa! Crazy posting useful buying advice as a seasoned raptor buyer?! Now I've seen everything :p:D

Be nice or I'll take your sponsorship of your question away!