GEN 2 got my new raptor last monday... thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per ford SVT. You cannot disable the fake engine noise. I called them today and the guy named Isaac got really defensive when I asked if I could disable the v8 engine noise in the cabin. ROFL. ;P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sure he did. I think Issac has been getting about 200 calls a day and is done with it.

Your dealer can do it through their IDS system. Its done through the Sync system. A few owners have already had theirs disabled by the dealer. Each got charged for it though...which is ridiculous. They should just make it a User Setting in Sync.

There's a less sophisticated way of doing it by pulling a fuse, or putting a jumper on it...not sure. Either way, check in with your dealer and ask them to disable Engine Noise Enhancement via their IDS programming module. Some techs know where it is and other dont, but I found this screen cap that may help them identify where it is.

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 4.13.38 PM.jpg

Last edited:

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure he did.

Your dealer can do it through their IDS system. Its done through the Sync system. A few owners have already had theirs disabled by the dealer. Each got charged for it though...which is ridiculous. They should just make it a User Setting in Sync.

There's a less sophisticated way of doing it by pulling a fuse, or putting a jumper on it...not sure. Either way, check in with your dealer and ask them to disable Engine Noise Enhancement via their IDS programming module. Some techs know where it is and other dont, but I found this screen cap that may help them identify where it is.

View attachment 82591

Good find. I'll have one of our techs do that to my truck if it ever gets here

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good find. I'll have one of our techs do that to my truck if it ever gets here

They might be able to look now on a 16 or 17 F150 or explorer. I've read a few places where Explorers can't be turned off and other places that say it can. Would love some confirmation straight from a dealer.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I may be mistaken, but I dont think FORScan will work for this as its done through the Sync system, which is why dealers have to use their IDS module...i might be mixing up terms, but if it can be done with FORScan then awesome.

I dont want to jack this thread up, so @Raptizzle, if you want feel free to edit and start a new post, otherwise we can piggy back this onto Troy's thread and see if he has better luck with his dealer

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but I dont think FORScan will work for this as its done through the Sync system, which is why dealers have to use their IDS module...i might be mixing up terms, but if it can be done with FORScan then awesome.

I dont want to jack this thread up, so @Raptizzle, if you want feel free to edit and start a new post, otherwise we can piggy back this onto Troy's thread and see if he has better luck with his dealer

I have no experience with 2017 F150s yet... but the guy that started that thread on the f150forum mentioned that the fake engine noise on 2015-16's could be disabled with forscan.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with 2017 F150s yet... but the guy that started that thread on the f150forum mentioned that the fake engine noise on 2015-16's could be disabled with forscan.

I just picked up my 2017 Raptor on Monday. How much of the exhaust note is fake vs real? I personally don't mind the way it sounds.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he did. I think Issac has been getting about 200 calls a day and is done with it.

View attachment 82591

I pulled up my VIN (10/15 build....not released) on the ford online manual and found it to be the ACM module address 727 PMI available and flashable, no adaptive learning or calibration required. Selection is enable or disable:

Hope that helps those that want it disabled....the thought of the "Engine Noise Enhancement" reminds me of some doohicky that a friend had that would pick up the firing rf from your engine, and the doohicky (via your car radio) would make a comical racing sound that followed the rev's of the engine as you drove. SoundRacer product

Last edited:

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled up my VIN (10/15 build....not released) on the ford online manual and found it to be the ACM module address 727 PMI available and flashable, no adaptive learning or calibration required. Selection is enable or disable:

Cool, that should confirm the pic above.

03'Darin any confirmation on your end with your techs?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it that the 3.5L V6 can handle 700hp and the 5.0L V8 cannot? Same 5.0L coyote in the mustang yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk