Got my 6.2L, Ashley Mator Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again, my apologies to Floppy (and thanks Brian) :)

OMG. It's been 3 days and I am dreading going back to work tomorrow! I've gotten 600 miles on the beast and cant ever remember being so enthusiastic about driving that far! The 6.2 is night and day to the 5.4 I test drove. For giggles last night I had a Saleen F150 at a red light, I took him to about 300 feet with off road mode on. Not that I plan on doing that ever again, was just for......research purposes. For those of you arguing gas mileage, you can coax 19mpg out of it on the highway at 55mph. Any faster and it drops by 2s for every 5mph to 70.

Noticable Impressions from the first weekend:
1. Crazy acceleration. It beats my 1970 GTO for off the line grunt, and equals for pull at 60 mph.
2. Dash Lights. They buggesd me cause I cant get them to come on in the daytime. Driving towards the sun I cant see the guages in the shadow of the dash. Anyone know how to have them come on when its bright out?
3.Back up camera. Every vehicle should have this, no exceptions. I cant believe how easy it is to park using this camera, no wrenching the neck. Mirror checks and video screen.
4.Side Mirrors. Huge things! They work great with some cheap little blindspot mirrors on them.
5.Center console. Holy snap! I could fit at least 3 dead hookers in this console! I like the mp3 player hook inside the cover too.
6. On road drivability. I've been in Escalades that ar more rough on road. Love it.
7. Off road drivability. D'uh
8.Seats. Lazyboy meets Recaro. Soft and comfy and holds your butt and back firmly in place! I want one in my scraper like this!
9. Exhaust note. Almost perfect! quiet when you want it, gurgle/rumble when you wake it up.

So here's a few pics, I know your all likely sick of pics of black Raps but I'm a proud owner just like the rest!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So, Floppy, what's new with you and your Raptor? Done any mods? Had it offroad? Been gawked at?