Got my 6.2L, Ashley Mator Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Floppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only part of the truck i see in my side mirrors are the fender flares, I have them set this way so I can see the lane lines making sure I'm fully in my lane. I like using the stick on convex mirrors, even with the mirrors set the way you show they help greatly at night. Thank you for the info Dan, great research.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan that side view mirror adjustment is nice in theory but it has hols in practice...

as was mentioned you will not see a motorcycle to your left...
or a bicycle to your right...

If you look at the second image you posted in the second frame if that car slid back and to the left then went to pass you it could easily slip from one area of coverage to another without being noticed.

Besides on many modern vehicle with curtain airbags the pillars are much wider than older cars which creates another set of blind spots. In fact there are several vehicles with blind spots at 11 and 2 because the A pillars are so fat.

It is impossible to eliminate all blind spots on some vehicles... the techniques you outlined go a long way to minimizing them but may not get rid of them.

Are stick on mirrors the soloution? Probably not... do they help? Probably...

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Sorry Magic...just realized I'm coming across as an azzhole in my recent posts. Concept is just a little foreign to me, that's all.:cheers:

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive by "feel" when you hear a crunch go the opposite direction from where the noise came from, simple.LOL

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats Floppy! Enjoy it.
and if anyone is missing thier Hookers you now know where to look.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Magic...just realized I'm coming across as an azzhole in my recent posts. Concept is just a little foreign to me, that's all.:cheers:

I love this board <G>. Great write up Dan, tho I tend to agree with the Cowboy and Frog. It is just cool as hell that so many opinions are bantered around, each view held passionately by the writer... yet no one gets childish or pissy. ***-by-ya, mm mmm mm <G>.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan that side view mirror adjustment is nice in theory but it has hols in practice...

as was mentioned you will not see a motorcycle to your left...
or a bicycle to your right...

If you look at the second image you posted in the second frame if that car slid back and to the left then went to pass you it could easily slip from one area of coverage to another without being noticed.

Besides on many modern vehicle with curtain airbags the pillars are much wider than older cars which creates another set of blind spots. In fact there are several vehicles with blind spots at 11 and 2 because the A pillars are so fat.

It is impossible to eliminate all blind spots on some vehicles... the techniques you outlined go a long way to minimizing them but may not get rid of them.

Are stick on mirrors the soloution? Probably not... do they help? Probably...

If you think what I posted is "nice in theory" tell me about the holes in the standard side view mirror adjustment!

C'mon Froggy give it a try for a month and then tell me if you're going back to the standard adjustment. It's better and only those who've given it a try for a while to get used to it know it.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been adjusting my mirrors for years using the "Dan method".

Probably no method is 100% perfect, but I feel the adjustment method Dan posted about is the best... that said, a couple of extra spot mirrors couldn't hurt if you feel you need them.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
With your mirrors adjusted according to the "Dan Method" will we be acle to see the original post???

Thread Jackin Dan...TJD!!! See what you can do with that....I expect shirts by EOB today!! but don't go starting a new thread just pick a thread at random and post 'em!!! I crack myself up!!!

oh btw I use a 1 1/2" bubble on the driver side FYI

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With your mirrors adjusted according to the "Dan Method" will we be acle to see the original post???

Thread Jackin Dan...TJD!!! See what you can do with that....I expect shirts by EOB today!! but don't go starting a new thread just pick a thread at random and post 'em!!! I crack myself up!!!

oh btw I use a 1 1/2" bubble on the driver side FYI

Actually, you are quite right.

meaculpa.jpg

Floppy, I apologize!

t_threadjack_831.jpg

I'm guilty as charged of
lens1299382_threadjack.jpg

sorry.jpg