Got my 6.2L, Ashley Mator Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG. It's been 3 days and I am dreading going back to work tomorrow! I've gotten 600 miles on the beast and cant ever remember being so enthusiastic about driving that far! The 6.2 is night and day to the 5.4 I test drove. For giggles last night I had a Saleen F150 at a red light, I took him to about 300 feet with off road mode on. Not that I plan on doing that ever again, was just for......research purposes. For those of you arguing gas mileage, you can coax 19mpg out of it on the highway at 55mph. Any faster and it drops by 2s for every 5mph to 70.

Noticable Impressions from the first weekend:
1. Crazy acceleration. It beats my 1970 GTO for off the line grunt, and equals for pull at 60 mph.
2. Dash Lights. They buggesd me cause I cant get them to come on in the daytime. Driving towards the sun I cant see the guages in the shadow of the dash. Anyone know how to have them come on when its bright out?
3.Back up camera. Every vehicle should have this, no exceptions. I cant believe how easy it is to park using this camera, no wrenching the neck. Mirror checks and video screen.
4.Side Mirrors. Huge things! They work great with some cheap little blindspot mirrors on them.
5.Center console. Holy snap! I could fit at least 3 dead hookers in this console! I like the mp3 player hook inside the cover too.
6. On road drivability. I've been in Escalades that ar more rough on road. Love it.
7. Off road drivability. D'uh
8.Seats. Lazyboy meets Recaro. Soft and comfy and holds your butt and back firmly in place! I want one in my scraper like this!
9. Exhaust note. Almost perfect! quiet when you want it, gurgle/rumble when you wake it up.

So here's a few pics, I know your all likely sick of pics of black Raps but I'm a proud owner just like the rest!

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
C'mon... tell us how you REALLY feel......... do you like it?:mrgreen:

(in the center of the dash near the windshield is the sensor for the lights... cover it up with something and the dash lights will come on)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations on your Raptor! I'm glad you guys are finally getting your Raptors! And I'm glad and not surprised that you're so very happy with it.

2. Dash Lights. They buggesd me cause I cant get them to come on in the daytime. Driving towards the sun I cant see the guages in the shadow of the dash. Anyone know how to have them come on when its bright out?

The dash lights won't come on until it's dark out. The sensor on top of the dash senses the light outside. You could cover it up and the lights will come on. I'd appreciate it if the dash lights came on with the headlights when manually turned on but they don't.

.Side Mirrors. Huge things! They work great with some cheap little blindspot mirrors on them.

No offense but you don't need blindspot convex mirrors glued to the sideview mirrors. You need to change the way your mirrors are adjusted (most people adjust their mirrors the way you do - you've got them so you can see straight back along the sides of your Raptor. If you adjust them so they're angled further out both of them will cover your blind sports. Of course you'll need to learn to use your rearview mirror to see behind you and use the sideview mirrors to protect your blind spots.

Here's a link to a detailed explanation:

http://www.websiterepairguy.com/articles/household_tips/adjust_mirrors.html

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
No offense but you don't need blindspot convex mirrors glued to the sideview mirrors. You need to change the way your mirrors are adjusted (most people adjust their mirrors the way you do - you've got them so you can see straight back along the sides of your Raptor. If you adjust them so they're angled further out both of them will cover your blind sports. Of course you'll need to learn to use your rearview mirror to see behind you and use the sideview mirrors to protect your blind spots.

Here's a link to a detailed explanation:

http://www.websiterepairguy.com/articles/household_tips/adjust_mirrors.html[/QUOTE]

Uhh...think I'll keep checking my blind spots. But to each his own.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Uhh...think I'll keep checking my blind spots. But to each his own.

Umm, with the mirrors adjusted differently, your SIDE view mirrors check the blind spots. If you adjust the mirrors properly you should not have any blind spots. The idea here is with proper side view mirror adjustment stick-on convex mirrors aren't required.

I learned this years ago and once I got used to this I've never wanted to go back to the way most people set and use their side view mirrors.

6a0120a572623a970c012877a3e708970c-500wi

sidemirror.jpg

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Dan- Do you adjust your side mirrors everytime you back up? The area next to the rear of your vehicle is critical to see anytime you're backing, especially if combined with turning. Also the major flaw in your theory makes the assumption that anything you need to see in your side mirrors is the width of a standard car...what about a motorcycle coming up between lanes? I guess he'd just be screwed.