Goodyear Duratrac Reviews Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into some replacement tires for my stock KO2s in the stock size. I have not been unhappy with the KO2s and would consider putting them on again. I would like some reviews from guys who are running 315-70-17 Duratracs and how they compare to the stock BFGs.

Much thanks

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run them. I see youre in SoCal.... I am in Rural Maine. They are pretty good in the snow, better than the KO2s, wear seems to be EXCELLENT. ko2s were gone at like 25k miles, I have 35k on the duratracs and Id estimate they are a 60% gone. I run the 35x12.5 which is a load E tire so they are stiffer and heavier. The 315 is a D rated tire. Keep in mind the raptor k02s are raptor specific and are a c rated tire.

Im happy with them, probably get them again, but I dont know if it would be my choice for SoCal?

OP
OP
Flash1034

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. How are they in terms of ride quality and noise versus the BFGs?

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Great tire in terms of wear and performance. Quiet for first 10k miles. Acceptably loud for next 10k. Horribly loud thereafter.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great tire in terms of wear and performance. Quiet for first 10k miles. Acceptably loud for next 10k. Horribly loud thereafter.

I don't know about the 10K intervals, but the general progression is correct. Duratracs get loud toward the end of the tread life. Nevertheless, I am replacing a set of Duratracs with a set of Duratracs. They get installed Monday. I've never found a better truck tire, and I need them because it snows where I live. I might choose differently if I lived in Southern California.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look into the Cooper AT3 XLTs... miles better than the KO2. Super quiet - I have read many reviews on the goodyears, very loud apparently. I love mine.

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This.

I ran them on multiple company trucks - Ram 2500 and F-150's - along with my personal trucks for years. They will get louder - much louder than the KO2's - with the miles and you most definitely do not want to neglect to rotate them regularly.

Aside from the noise factor, they're awesome tires for those of us who deal with the winter mess.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into the Cooper AT3 XLTs... miles better than the KO2. Super quiet - I have read many reviews on the goodyears, very loud apparently. I love mine.
Miles better? I'm gonna go with a no on that. Cooper doesnt even have 1/8 of the Pedigree that BFGOODRICH has, the KO2 is a damn fine tire. No clue why people dont care for them, I've probably had 7+ sets over the years.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Duratracs is a very good all around tire. Ran them in my Gen1 for over 40K. I have a set in my garage that will be mounted soon to my Gen2.

But I agree, they do get louder as they wear. In size 315/70/17 they are D-rated and only weigh 61 pounds.

I would love to try other tires like the Ridge Grapplers but that tire weighs 70 pounds.