Goodyear Duratrac Reviews Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Flash1034

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't apparently help yourself. So here, this is for your butt hurt:

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac?step1=315&step2=70&step3=17&addr=LEE,+NV+89801,+USA&zip=89801&lat=41.1852816&lng=-115.75751960000002

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tires/all-terrain/all-terrain-t-a-ko2.html

Neither Goodyear nor BFG publish how many plies their tires have. You could have found that out for yourself, of course.

I'll be at the Goodyear store tomorrow morning to get my new set of Duratracs installed. If I can obtain some factory information about the number of tread and sidewall plies, I will certainly share it here.

Stick around FRF for a while. You'll like it here once you get the hang of it. It's a great site!

Hey Smart Ass, BFG advertises a Tri guard sidewall. 3 plies as in tri. Goodyear does not advertise sidewall plies, so going to the website as you “suggested” will provide no information on how many sidewall plies the Duratrac has. Hence the reason why I posted the question. Now go away if you don’t wanna play nice.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Smart Ass, BFG advertises a Tri guard sidewall. 3 plies as in tri. Goodyear does not advertise sidewall plies, so going to the website as you “suggested” will provide no information on how many sidewall plies the Duratrac has. Hence the reason why I posted the question. Now go away if you don’t wanna play nice.
From my experience here on this forum both back in 2010 and recently folks will help you a great deal but won't do your research for you. That being said if you think pissing off senior members here and telling them "to go away" will get you any cooperation here your mistaken. IMHO

OP
OP
Flash1034

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with that completely. My goal is not to **** anyone off. Senior member or not, however, going to the Goodyear website as Ruger wanted will not provide the information I requested. Hence the post. Isn’t that what the forum is for? Nothing against Ruger...all good as far as I’m concerned.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I agree with that completely. My goal is not to **** anyone off. Senior member or not, however, going to the Goodyear website as Ruger wanted will not provide the information I requested. Hence the post. Isn’t that what the forum is for? Nothing against Ruger...all good as far as I’m concerned.

How dare you come to a free, online, information forum and ask a question that would only take 3 hours of google search to find a suitable answer to. Lol. Some people's kids.

I have no experience with the Duratracs, but if it's a heavier load rating, I am out. I tried some E load Continentals on mine, not smooth riding like the stocks, and they were street tread. I think Toyo now makes a mud terrain that will work, and it's C rated. Probably $$ though.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'll let you know tomorrow if the information you seek is available at a Goodyear store.
I'll go away after that.
Because I'm a smart ass, ya know?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is fun:
I went to www.google.com and typed "Goodyear Duratrac technical specifications" in the search box.
Here's what popped right up:

How many ply are Goodyear Duratrac?
On the Goodyear Duratrac/Authority the "C" rated tire has 2-ply sidewalls and the "E" rated tire has 3-ply sidewalls. Jun 21, 2012

This is fun, too:
I walked my smart ass right out into the garage and read the sidewall of my Goodyear Duratrac tires. Here's what it says:

Plies: Tread 2 polyester + 2 steel + 1 nylon Sidewall 2 polyester Load Range D

Now, those tires were installed on my truck in July 2014. Goodyear could have changed the specs in the 5+ years since they were made. I'll read the sidewalls of my new tires tomorrow and report out here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flash1034

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See how much fun and educational a friendly, non-confrontational, exchange of information can be? It’s all good. Thanks for the info.

Greg Machala

Reaction score
The only upside for me was they lasted a long time. Got 75K miles out of a set on a RCLB F150 4x4. They were loud for as long as I can remember which made me long for some replacements. Never remember them being quiet. It is a hard tire ("E" load rating) and made the truck ride like a wagon even with lower pressures. They had awful wet traction and I found myself sideways on more than one occasion. I would not get them again. I find the "C" load range tire a much better riding tire. I think the BFG K02 is the best choice for the Raptor.