Good deal on a 2013??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sending them back to fox is the most economical way, but if you can find a performance shop who will do all the work is the fastest. Keep in mind you’ll more than likely need an alignment after too.

Rebuild ~50k mi for best results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations. So what did you end up paying for it?
As far shocks: depends where you are there shops that would do the rebuild the same day. If you are sending them to Fox you are going to have down time with the truck. Not sure if fox would do the upgrades....Exchange program through this forum is the best option. You send your shocks in for core exchange after you receive the rebuilt set with upgrades that you chose. search the forum for the threads it has been discussed at least a million times here. And welcome to this club.

LXCoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all help. We were able to get a deal worked out and I drove it home today...

A couple of you have mention rebuilding the shocks. Are you sending them back to Fox to be rebuilt or someone else? What is the standard life expectancy of the factory shocks? I know that is a very open ended question depending on how they are being used but I’m just saying on the average.

Congrats!

I went with the guys below. You initially pay a deposit/core and when ready they send you a rebuilt set with the options of your choosing. Once installed you ship them back your stock ones. However, they have a pretty long wait list. I waited 7 weeks and you also have to pay for return shipping of your stock ones.

My truck was only down the time it took me to install the new shocks (about half a day). You should also replace the lower shock bolt and nuts on the front. They also sell a new designed bolt with a longer shank, I've added a link to that below too. One thing to consider too the lower shock bolt needs to be torqued to 406ft/lbs. I impacted mine and after install I took it to Ford for an alignment and had them double check the torque.

Ford Raptor Fox Shock Exchange Program – Forged Offroad – We Rebuild Shocks

https://forged-offroad.com/product/gen1-ford-raptor-lower-front-shock-bolt-kit/?v=7516fd43adaa

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$50 for a mid perch adjustment is what gets me about that Forged shock service.

They are taking it all apart anyways, why charge more to put it at mid-perch vs bottom perch? What if I do the exchange, and my OE shocks are at mid-perch? Do I save the $50 mid-perch charge? I dunno, it just seems really odd to me that'd there'd be any up charge for selecting which perch the spring gets set on. They have to put it somewhere.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think if you have mid perch already they dont charge you.

honestly though if you mechanically inclined you can just do it yourself when you send them back lol. so they think you were mid before and you wont be charged.

you dont send them with springs on them, so the change to mid perch would literally take another 5 minutes.

LXCoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, I choose lower perch and changed it to mid during install.

They did charge me a refinishing fee of $250 which I thought was crap. They said it was because my stock ones had rust and would need to be cleaned and refinished but the ones I received were in the same condition as my stock ones :confused:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, I choose lower perch and changed it to mid during install.

They did charge me a refinishing fee of $250 which I thought was crap. They said it was because my stock ones had rust and would need to be cleaned and refinished but the ones I received were in the same condition as my stock ones :confused:

yea thats why i like doing things on my own. relying on others with your stuff and your money. they are going to "win" somehow lol.

Honse99

Reaction score
The Fox shocks are ok but need to be rebuilt between 50,000 and 75,000 miles. I went with an Icon set and have had great luck with them. They are also adjustable to be firm or soft. Makes a huge difference in ride and handle.