Good deal on 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsxraptor

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been doing some research on this truck for a bit and am set on purchasing one. I have been in contact with a dealership out of state and from the looks of it I would be getting a good deal if I went with a 2019 with 802a package they are selling for "$10k off MSRP"

Now I know that is probably BS but I am looking at $59k before taxes, tags and registration whereas similar spec'd trucks in my area are north of 70k, I have been thinking of pulling the trigger and going with this 2019 loaded model.

Is this a deal worth getting or should I hold off and continue searching for a 20 model? I would also be shipping the truck if I went with it and am a bit weary of buying without test driving but I have driven a similar one locally and loved the ride and feel of it. The dealer has also been accomodating with sending pics and videos of everything I ask for.

Also note I would be getting rid of a 2015 Mustang GT performance Pack and a 2018 Toyota Camry SE for this beast.

Am I doing too much or would I be crazy to pass this "deal"?

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 2019 802a for 10k under MSRP is a great deal. What are the dealer fees, and how much are they charging you for the money - assuming you’re financing it?

If 59k is legit, and it’s everything you want, I’d jump on it.

OP
OP
G

gsxraptor

Reaction score
I have my own financing but they are charging my county taxes at 4%, $250 doc fee and another $200 something fee for a total of around $2500 on top. I am trying to see if they would come down a bit further on the truck since it seems like they are desparate to get rid of 19 inventory.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It depends on what you want. 19/20 are pretty close, only a few minor changes. The price sounds good, and you’re not getting close to that on a 2020.

If saving the few thousand between this truck and a 2020 802a is important, then the price is right, go for it.

The 2020 will have one more model year of ‘value’ so to speak, but you’re probably looking at 66-68k best case on a 2020.

Once you drive the Raptor, it will be hard for you to drive peasant cars again.

OP
OP
G

gsxraptor

Reaction score
Other than color options, are there any major differences between the 19 and 20 MY? The 19 truck has every feature I wanted and for the price I was willing to pay (around $60k) so I am leaning towards grabbing it, just was a bit unsure of the logistics although i've been walked through the process and seems pretty straight forward. I will end up paying about $500 to ship the truck which isn't too bad for the price i'm supposedly getting.

At first I was on the fence since I've never owned a truck and didn't like the idea of letting my GT go, but after finally driving the truck the Mustang seems kinda boring to me all of a sudden...Guess that means its time to move on to bigger and better things.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
do it.
Check out the “Raptor on the beach” thread. I mean sure, you can take a Mustang out into the sand, but you’ll be getting towed out.

is it that far away?

OP
OP
G

gsxraptor

Reaction score
Its about a 6-7 hour drive but I just have no time right now to make that drive and back so I am willing to ship it. I should find out today if they are willing to budge a bit further on the price but even if not I think I will go for it since I found a local dealer thats willing to buy out my Mustang for the price I asked.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW - meant to welcome you to FRF, so welcome!

As you already know, you won’t get anywhere close to that kind of deal around here in NOVA. 2019’s, at best, are being discounted about $5k to $6k, while 2020’s are holding tight around MSRP - maybe $2k under MSRP if you’re lucky.

I bought my 2019 in April of last year and negotiated $3k off of MSRP, which at the time, was an amazing deal for this area. Most stealerships were adding $5k to $10k over MSRP - like Koons Ford in Sterling where I buy most of my Fords. My truck, which I bought from Sheehy Ford in Warrenton, had a $2,500 ADM tacked on. Just crazy.

Like Smurf said, you’ll love the Raptor - it’s a great daily car. Well, it’s great at everything. The only issue you’ll find is that you can’t get the darn smile off your face for days after you get it. Mine is still stuck on over a year later. :)

I’m not sure about your situation, but if I were you, I wouldn’t wait... if you do, you’ll lose that truck because 2019’s are selling fast. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gsxraptor

Reaction score
Thanks!

I bought my 15 Mustang at Koons Sterling and had a good experience after Cowles Ford in Woodbridge tried to screw me over so they were my first choice and funny enough had the exact spec truck I was looking for but a 20...best they could do was 2k off msrp bringing it to 68k - the 19 I am looking is literally identical except the MY

I was over at Battlefield Ford in Manassas yesterday and after giving me an insultingly low offer on my GT they told me they wouldn't budge on an 20 802a leadfoot...@ssholes//

Which part of Leesburg are you in? Have a few buddies up there and used to tear it up on the back roads around route 15 when I had my GSXR.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Yeah, Sterling Ford has been good to us over the years. My Dad's company has their fleet account there and the guy who we've been using for many, many years is the best. Though they wouldn't move an inch on the Raptor. In fact, he said point blank - don't bother making an offer other than asking price. LOL So when it was time to buy the Rap, I didn't even bother with Koons.

Battlefield can be hit or miss. Sometimes they're willing to play, other times, no joy.

I currently live on the back side of Brambleton, so on the south east side of Leesburg. One could argue that I live in Ashburn with a Lessburg address. But I grew up in the area of Taylorstown (between Lucketts and Taylorstown) off of Rt 15 pretty. Back in the day, I had a Honda CR250 and a Reflex 200 (enduro) and we too would tear up the area. Ahh.. the good old days.