Go Pro 1 Versus Go Pro 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
and espn, and and and...

Tizzle,
If it was a gift that you can return/upgrade I'd say the 2 is worth the extra $100 as your only cam. After looking at the video from both, the quality is pretty much identical. The features are really the only reason to upgrade.

whtrapta,
I'd say grab the $100 gopro... you can always get a 2 later. More coverage is always better! The good news is that the wifi remote works with 1s and 2s at the same time. Personally, I don't think streaming is worth $200 but it might to you..? Lets be honest, you should really keep your eyes on the road, not on some video screen any way :Good or Bad:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who uses 'em would mean more if they actually bought 'em ;)

Banned
Reaction score
Fear factor uses both haha

Contours on the helmets cause they're way more compact.

-Sent from my iPhone

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
The coolest feature about the contours is that you can rotate the lens and the smartphone support works out of the box if my memory serves me right.

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, that's my favorite. The rotatin lens. And the lasers to align it perfectly.

To make it work with the iPhone you need the Bluetooth card in the camera, only because of apples strict rules and shit. Android won't need that card if i remember correctly.

Overall it's a great camera, I love it and wouldn't buy a gopro over a contour.

-Sent from my iPhone

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All this camera talk made me dig out and dust off my ContourHD. I'd forgot how cool it really is. Gonna charge it up and bring it out to Mojave and see what we can see.

Banned
Reaction score
I'll have mine there to!
If someone pays for a flight or rental car

-Sent from my iPhone