General Grabbers vs Pro Comp XTreme A/T's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cant decide on which one so im looking for some input on here. The biggest thing im looking for is tread life. Ive got 46,000 miles on my truck and about to put my 3rd set of tires on. My current set (maxxis bighorns) were rotated every 3000-3500 miles and still didnt last long at all. I had the procomps before and they were by far my favorite tire but it seems like everyone likes the generals on the raptor. I found the procomps and generals at 4wheelparts for around the same price ($1200/set) so my decision is between them (unless someone can hook me up with a better deal :) ).

OP
OP
Steve-O

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks man. how many miles do you have on them so far and hows the wear compared to that? noise has never really been an issue to me. my radio fixes that. it annoys the cars next to me more than it does me. lol

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only have 3 thousand on them. Have checked the wear on them to see if they are in need of rotation yet. No wear at all. But I live in Florida a lot of straight roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Steve-O

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im gonna need new tires soon as well and i found these im thinking the grabbers are the next set im getting!

35-1250 R17 General Grabber Extreme Traction Tire Item-04568210000

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

or here as well these are the cheapest I've found them!

General GRABBER LT35x12.50R17 E/10PR Red Letter - tires-easy.com

You may have just made my decision. im thinking about making the 2 hour drive to 4 wheels parts in ft worth tomorrow (since my current situation has me sitting in a hotel room. bored. all day. :suicide: ) and visiting TMX while im in the area. i know 4 wheel parts will price match but the item has to be in stock.

but then again, the pro comps have a 50,000 mile tread wear warranty on them too.....

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gone through two sets of grabbers now, and although tread life was good, I wanted to take them off at 50 % tread life.
Never seen a set that actually wears round !