Gen 3 Width - will it fit in my garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’ve got an order in production and I just realized I never measured the dimensions of my garage. Ford website says 86.6” without mirrors (that’ll fit) but 96” with mirrors (won’t fit).

Does anyone know if that means 86.6” with mirrors folded in and 96” without? I can’t imagine mirrors folded out it only adds 10 inches.

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got an order in production and I just realized I never measured the dimensions of my garage. Ford website says 86.6” without mirrors (that’ll fit) but 96” with mirrors (won’t fit).

Does anyone know if that means 86.6” with mirrors folded in and 96” without? I can’t imagine mirrors folded out it only adds 10 inches.
Even if you get it in the garage how will you comfortably open the door to get in and out? Just the door is narrow but widens once you’re in?

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
Yeah, won’t be an issue once it’s in. I have a few feet on the driver side (the garage is a lot wider once you pass through the doors) and another bay on the passenger side. Just want to make sure I can get through the door opening.

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's unfolded is the 96",. The mirrors are small I seen them in person at Chicago auto show they look like Nemo fins
You know what? I think you’re right. After looking at photos, the mirrors are connected around the a-pillar and the front fenders are wider than the connection point. So even if the mirrors are each 10 inches wide, it doesn’t increase the overall width by 20 inches since the fenders are sticking out and are essentially under the mirrors. Phew!

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my tech spec sheet from the magazine brochure from my dealer says same specs as your sheet. Mirrors can fold in and like u said they are in a different location and honestly they are a lot smaller then my gen 1 was. Mine gen3 will fit in garage it is about the same overall except it's measuring a little wider and a hair taller but I had eibachs on my suspension so it's prolly same. You should be good! Mine won't fit length with my reciever in the back but oh well

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at measurements of the truck, one of the first things I did was measure the garage and I determined I had to reconfigure everything to get it to fit lengthwise. It looks like I'll have about 6 inches in the front and 6 inches in the back to spare. Took me a whole day to move cabinets, workbench and other items around. At least I got a bunch of stuff cleaned out!

Here is my Excel spreadsheet with shapes to scale (each block is 6"x6") if anyone want to use it to layout theirs. Just change the file extension to .xlsx. If it doesn't work message me and I'll email it to you.

Attachments

• Garage Measurements.pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 117

bigD2337

Reaction score
Mirrors are probably bigger than a foot but with mirrors in the widest part of truck would not be at mirrors i'm guessing the wheel wells are next widest if that makes sense