Gen 3 Raptor is Overpriced, you are all Insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First off only an idiot writes a check instead of financing and investing the money. Unless of course you have HORRIBLE CREDIT. Second of all "Truck is expensive so gonna buy a Vette"....tell me you don't even need a truck without telling me you don't need a truck.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do agree that a v8 would have been nice but it does seem like the eco boost is proven at this point and maybe less reliable than a v8 but not by a whole lot

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you should buy the corvette and forget a Raptor even exists. But before you go..did Chevrolet accept your application to buy the corvette? I hear you must be 60+ years of age, bald, and have an active prescription for v i a g r a. Kidding. The C8 Z06 looks to be an amazing piece of engineering.

I would say a Raptor holds its value better than most vehicles on the market. Yes of course they are pricey. There is a reason Ford is in business. They have to make a profit. But you also get a lot of capability for the money. Value means something different to everybody though so to each their own.

Good luck with your Z06 and enjoy.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I love all of this recent cross shopping Raptor with Tesla's and now vette. You are either in the market for a truck or not. You want a car great enjoy it.

Waiting for the Kia Soul buyer to come on to tell us wanted a Raptor but like the 12" wheels on Kia more.

OP
OP
C

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off only an idiot writes a check instead of financing and investing the money. Unless of course you have HORRIBLE CREDIT. Second of all "Truck is expensive so gonna buy a Vette"....tell me you don't even need a truck without telling me you don't need a truck.
I beg to differ. There are plenty of reasons one might opt to buy a car with cash rather than financing it. Inability to grasp that shows me that you are financially quasi-literate at best. You don't just 'finance everything' and invest the money instead across the board. My credit is fine, thanks.

At no point did I say that I am buying a Z06 instead of buying a truck. It isn't an either/or scenario. I just happened to have just committed to the Z06 and was using it as my exemplar of a new vehicle that appears to provide a lot more for the money than the Raptor. I thought it was pretty clear. I do not need a truck. After all, the 3 times a year when I need one, I can rent from 10 places in my town.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love all of this recent cross shopping Raptor with Tesla's and now vette. You are either in the market for a truck or not. You want a car great enjoy it.

Waiting for the Kia Soul buyer to come on to tell us wanted a Raptor but like the 12" wheels on Kia more.
Hey now…..I got the best of both worlds !!! A 2021 Kia Forte and a 2021 Raptor. I couldn’t decide which one I liked those most. (I really do have both).

OP
OP
C

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JerseyMike brings up some good points on the packages and pricing. I certainly agree that at $65,000, the Raptor makes a lot more sense than at $80,000.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Complete with spelling mistakes!
Pot, kettle, black ... Bad spelling, bad grammar, bad logic, bad attitude. You're a real piece of work. Don't let the door hit your chocolate-dipped heinie on the way out.
I've like it ever since it broke new ground...
...5.5L naturally aspirated V8 that raves to 8600 rpm...
Viewed through the lens of "COVID disruptions, chip shortages, free Biden bucks for my kids, etc" I'm sure you guys are justifying it to yourselves just fine.

I also understand that I am getting a bit of in 'insider' deal...​

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I beg to differ. There are plenty of reasons one might opt to buy a car with cash rather than financing it. Inability to grasp that shows me that you are financially quasi-literate at best. You don't just 'finance everything' and invest the money instead across the board. My credit is fine, thanks.

At no point did I say that I am buying a Z06 instead of buying a truck. It isn't an either/or scenario. I just happened to have just committed to the Z06 and was using it as my exemplar of a new vehicle that appears to provide a lot more for the money than the Raptor. I thought it was pretty clear. I do not need a truck. After all, the 3 times a year when I need one, I can rent from 10 places in my town.
I'd love to hear them. The only reason you would pay cash would be you're simply a millionaire and don't want to deal with it or you couldn't make more money elsewhere. Being as your displaying cheap concerns I doubt you are. At nearly 1.9% you would be an idiot to not be able to do better with investing. The fact that you are comparing a Raptor to a Vette tells me you have no idea what you want. Doors that way....

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think ford's are all over priced... My 800a was a good value to me. I had a power wagon that cost similar amounts but to get the same type of suspension on the power wagon I would have had to drop another 10k or so.

This Bronco I got... Way over priced for what you get. But we are off loading it to a dealer and making money off it just to over pay on a Yukon the wife swears she will like

Status
Not open for further replies.