Gen 3 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jetjock15

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great points guys. If you have RPG collars or Giesser springs only, does that cause warrenty issues? Seems like the only issues is the diffs and they probably wouldn’t care.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to hang on to your "OG" till you do more research for yourself. Ump-teen pages of threads and some refuse to read them before posting. A search engine to make it easier, yet some refuse to use it. Happy readings to ya good Sir!

Reunion-e688.gif

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Decent questions, OP. I can see the frustration in trying to amalgamate hundreds of threads to find answers.

I've owned Gen2 and Gen3 and haven't had any problems with either. Moonroofs have all been fine. There is a thread of someone putting 37s on and had zero issues. I recently saw a 35 in black next to a 37 in black, both at the thief Colonial Ford in Danbury, Ct., and you really have to stare to see the difference. And when you do see the difference, it's minimal. In fact, the OEM 37s look taller and skinnier.

As to the world famous Recaros, I've had them on two of four Raptors and they are not any better. I truly believe they are more a name and label in the Ford than anything else. They're certainly not the "real" seats Recaro made famous decades ago.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decent questions, OP. I can see the frustration in trying to amalgamate hundreds of threads to find answers.

I've owned Gen2 and Gen3 and haven't had any problems with either. Moonroofs have all been fine. There is a thread of someone putting 37s on and had zero issues. I recently saw a 35 in black next to a 37 in black, both at the thief Colonial Ford in Danbury, Ct., and you really have to stare to see the difference. And when you do see the difference, it's minimal. In fact, the OEM 37s look taller and skinnier.

As to the world famous Recaros, I've had them on two of four Raptors and they are not any better. I truly believe they are more a name and label in the Ford than anything else. They're certainly not the "real" seats Recaro made famous decades ago.
Ha…I live in Danbury. I F-ING hate Colonial. I won’t even allow them to service my bronco or raptor.

OP
OP
Jetjock15

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh thanks for those notes! I was thinking there were a major upgrade. Hmmm my dealer is supposed to be getting a 37pp soon minus recaros. Might take a serious look. I called the dealer I bought my f450 from and they said no favors on the R lol. $40k over. I’m in no rush