Gen 3 “Auto” Folding Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ra2911

Reaction score
I set mine up on the Gen3 big screen. Every time I lock/unlock (either key or handle) they fold/unfold

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let’s say you have the auto fold enabled, and then you manually fold them in to park in a tight spot next to a wall… will they auto open when you unlock or remain closed since you manually folded them in?

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let’s say you have the auto fold enabled, and then you manually fold them in to park in a tight spot next to a wall… will they auto open when you unlock or remain closed since you manually folded them in?
No, they’ll stay closed. And won’t open again until you unlock the truck and open the door.

GiMaster

Reaction score
I have a gen3. When I go to my settings that option is greyed out and I can’t turn on the automatic mirror folding

OP
OP
G3Rap

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a gen3. When I go to my settings that option is greyed out and I can’t turn on the automatic mirror folding
I read the same thing happening to someone who had a lariat in the comments section of the YouTube video I posted in my original thread.

They “restarted” the system, whatever that means, and it then became enabled.

Reaction score
I only fold mine when parallel parking. I noticed in tight spots, that people tend to park a little closer with my mirrors folded in. Extended mirrors seem to be an extension keeping a couple more inches of distance from bad parkers.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh nice! Well that makes things a lot clearer. Your Avatar looked like a Gen 2 so assumed wrong… my bad lol

So, the mirrors do in fact fold when you lock and then unfold when you unlock with the key fob?
The when you lock with the Fob, they fold in. When you unlock with the Fob, you touch the door handle and they fold back out