Gen 2 true height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose it would be ideal to use an antenna that's about 2-3 inches (or whatever feels safe enough to you) above the roof. Or perhaps have a mark on the antenna at the acceptable height. Does such an antenna exist?

Would also be cool if there was some sort of roof radar collision warning system. Something that could be adjusted to accommodate those who have after market whatever's on the roof.

I went with a 24” antenna from Amazon. At 24”, it protrudes about 2” past the highest point of the roof, which is a really good indicator for when you should be cautious about entering a garage.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose it would be ideal to use an antenna that's about 2-3 inches (or whatever feels safe enough to you) above the roof. Or perhaps have a mark on the antenna at the acceptable height. Does such an antenna exist?

Would also be cool if there was some sort of roof radar collision warning system. Something that could be adjusted to accommodate those who have after market whatever's on the roof.
I ended up cutting my stock antenna to this height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
Off topic, but still relative. The 2019 has the 2.5" tall shark fin on the front of the cab for wifi. However, I have eyeballed it and it is no higher than the back of the cab which is the highest point at 78.5" as the cab is raked.

I went with this antenna and haven't noticed any FM degradation, but I don't listen to FM too often.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S4K52ZV/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to frequent garages, including some low clearance ones; The factory antenna is great at letting me know if clearance may be “a thing”. I’ve gone into 6’8” listed garages and I’m 4 for 5. The 5th one was signed 6’8, and it was on the lower level but as I started to climb the ramp there was a concrete beam enclosure that was perilously close to roof impact, so I had to back out. Or... Starbucks Drive Thru rules; 4 low and punch it. I backed out.
I love that the factory antenna is just tall enough to l warn me in a low space.

VinceC

Reaction score
Off topic, but still relative. The 2019 has the 2.5" tall shark fin on the front of the cab for wifi. However, I have eyeballed it and it is no higher than the back of the cab which is the highest point at 78.5" as the cab is raked.

I went with this antenna and haven't noticed any FM degradation, but I don't listen to FM too often.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S4K52ZV/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

On mine 2019, the sharkfin is maybe a quarter to a half inch taller then the back of the cab. When pull my truck into my garage for maintenance, the shark fin will just barely rub against the rubber trim on the bottom of the garage door. I have to manually push the door up a little to clear. But from that point back the rest of the truck clears the door. So I know on my truck at least, if I can first clear the sharkfin, the rest of the truck will clear.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I use the antenna as an early warning device for low height parking garages. The moonroof comes in handy for eyeballing the ceiling after the antenna rubs. Comes in handy when parking at The Strip.

Aloha, HT

Granite6

Reaction score
Same first world problem here. It gets dicey below 6'10" height depending on how much stuff hangs from the ceiling (lights, fire alarms, etc...). While I have the stubby on now, for the first few weeks, the antennae length gave me a little warning if I needed in garages in and around downtown.