GEN 2 Gen 2 KC HiLiTES PRO6 Pre-Order!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any advice on where to run wiring from roof to engine? Not sure where to run wire as it's so thick.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any advice on where to run wiring from roof to engine? Not sure where to run wire as it's so thick.

You have a couple options. You can run the wires along the side of the windshield and A-pillar with a bead of black silicone. Or, you can cut open the wiring loom and separate the wires and push them under the small bit of weatherstripping between the A-pillar and windshield and tuck them under.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a couple options. You can run the wires along the side of the windshield and A-pillar with a bead of black silicone. Or, you can cut open the wiring loom and separate the wires and push them under the small bit of weatherstripping between the A-pillar and windshield and tuck them under.

Is there only one mounting option for these? I have very little room to spare on height and these look like they would add several inches. I want these lights but I don't want to give up my garage.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is there only one mounting option for these? I have very little room to spare on height and these look like they would add several inches. I want these lights but I don't want to give up my garage.

This is the only mounting option for the 9-Light setup in this location. It adds about 3” to your truck’s height.

However, you could purchase this bar in a different length and mount it in another location perhaps on an aftermarket bumper or front mounted light bar bracket. Let me know if you’d like to explore some solutions.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the only mounting option for the 9-Light setup in this location. It adds about 3” to your truck’s height.

However, you could purchase this bar in a different length and mount it in another location perhaps on an aftermarket bumper or front mounted light bar bracket. Let me know if you’d like to explore some solutions.

Thanks but unfortunately to me these belong up top. Maybe someone will design a bracket with a more downward angle. Let me know if anything like this ever pops up.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks but unfortunately to me these belong up top. Maybe someone will design a bracket with a more downward angle. Let me know if anything like this ever pops up.

Will do. Unfortunately there just isn't enough clearance for it to mount that low. If there is anything else you're interested in, please let us know!

cfl4rat

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback from those running this bar, items I’m most concerned about.

— How’d you run wires?

— Any issue with the rivet nuts pulling out or spinning when tightening brackets down?

— Wind noise?

— Any water leaks?

Also if anyone has a pic handy of nighttime driving taken from inside the truck that would be cool.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking for some feedback from those running this bar, items I’m most concerned about.

— How’d you run wires?

— Any issue with the rivet nuts pulling out or spinning when tightening brackets down?

— Wind noise?

— Any water leaks?

Also if anyone has a pic handy of nighttime driving taken from inside the truck that would be cool.

Thanks.

We’ve had no reports of any issues with the rivet nuts or with water leaks.

Wires, you have two options. You can run the wire along the edge of the windshield with black silicone. The second option is to remove the wires from the wiring loom and use some non-marking tools to push the wires in between windshield glass and the A-pillar and then run them into the engine bay.

There is wind noise, not a whistling, high-pitched noise like some bars, but there is some wind noise present.

I don’t have any pictures of the output from the 9-Light kit on the Gen 2, only the 8-light kit on the Gen 1, but this should give you a pretty good idea of the output.

44cdd01aae9f062b96ceb5a7e0cf1358.jpg