GEN 2 Gen 2 KC HiLiTES PRO6 Pre-Order!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfl4rat

Reaction score

Holy shit that is bright! Are the interior lights on in that pic or does the roof lights light up the dash and interior that much? If so is it bothersome kinda like driving at night with your dome light on?

Not sure how I feel about using silicone to glue down a wire where it would be visible on a $70K truck. I guess I’d need to see it.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

They are insanely bright

How do they compare to the lights you have on your bumper? Can either be used on the road?

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Holy shit that is bright! Are the interior lights on in that pic or does the roof lights light up the dash and interior that much? If so is it bothersome kinda like driving at night with your dome light on?

Not sure how I feel about using silicone to glue down a wire where it would be visible on a $70K truck. I guess I’d need to see it.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

How do they compare to the lights you have on your bumper? Can either be used on the road?

Not 100% sure about the dome lights. The picture is direct from KC so we weren’t present for the photoshoot.

As for the wire, you really don’t see it since you using black silicone to hide a black wiring loom into the corner. However, if you don’t want to go the silicone route, you can hide it behind the windshield itself by tucking the wires behind the glass between the windshield and A-pillar.

And actually, his bumper lights are the same as the roof mounted lights. He’s got an 8-light PRO6 mounted in his roof and a 6-light PRO6 mounted in his bumper.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They wont light up the interior picture must have interior lights on ,but you will get blinded from reflections , street signs on a deserted road, glass windows , even a bare concrete wall reflected off. If you were to turn them on for oncoming traffic you would defiantly cause an accident. Its like direct sunlight times 10. I have a safety aux switch so that cant accidentally be turned on. Crazy all 14 of those together still pull under 20 amps.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the look of the lights and the light output is good but not worth the wind noise. Suggest going with BD squadron pros and a light bar in the grill. Nick is a great guy and can get you setup.

By the way the light bar is a great quality and the install take awhile but no issues with leaking or anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
how bad is the wind noise?

This is a direct quote from one of my customers:

“Honestly I am pretty picky and it doesn't bother. I really don't even notice it. I would say 5-10%. Again. Noise annoys the hell out of me. With a normal volume music, you don't notice it at all”

That said, if you’re very sensitive to noise, any roof bar may not be the way to go. But if you don’t mind the added wind noise for the look and output, then this will be an option.